WSBK » Toseland boosts morale with points' finishes

The BMW Italia rider shows flashes of speed as he makes a full return to WSBK competition following several months out.

dinmore manor - Unregistered

August 02, 2011 9:21 AM

Well done James, no doubting FP1 was impressive considering lack of time on the bike, quick out of the blocks and out qualifying one of factory BMW's. Anyone with any decent level of IQ would understand that such times were going to be difficult to maintain as the weekend went on due to strain on that wrist but as many on here are very much lacking in IQ we can no doubt expect the usual hate nonsense from the sad regulars who post such nonsense and who have nothing else to do. Keep up the good work, at least you have a 5 week break until the next round to recover further.

Hemmy - Unregistered

August 02, 2011 9:22 AM

2 point scoring finishes is definatly something to build on, so well done JT for coming back from a serious injury and bringing it home safely. The second race was a great result considering he was pushed off the track and was dead last and a fair way behind after a couple of corners.

Although he did score points in both races, its pretty irrelevant really as he's missed so many races, but its something to build on and hopefully he can get back into the top ten and have a chance to be up there where he should be. Its such a shame he has missed so much seat time.

iRONIC - Unregistered

August 02, 2011 10:09 AM

A good solid training session for JT, but it's a shame there is a big break now. it would be good if he could find a couple of wildcard rides somewhere (maybe the Italian superbike series), just to keep things going.

SuperSykes - Unregistered

August 02, 2011 10:24 AM

I'll be the first to admit I don't like JT, I find him arrogant and he promises the world and delivers nothing but broken bikes.

However, i've got to say I was impressed with his return and pleased to see him put in some solid performances. We'll see how the rest of the year goes but I believe doing a Hopper and dropping to BSB to rebuild his career would be a good option. He's talented no doubt but I think since his massive crashes in GP, ie Sepang testing with the biggest high side i've seen, it's more the psychological side he's suffering with. Get back to BSB, get some wins and challenge for the championship, then move back up!!

Ratty - Unregistered

August 02, 2011 11:20 AM

SuperSykes,
Not having a go but where do you get JT is arrogant!!! I have met JT a number of times and arrogant is so far wrong its untrue. I appreciate we all have different opinions but can you explain yours?
I've met a number of riders during the past few years and JT is undoubtedly the least arrogant compared to some I can mention!!!

John - RTS - Unregistered

August 02, 2011 11:47 AM

Ratty

I have never met Toesland but I would agree wirh SuperSkyes that Toesland does come across arrogant on the tv and other media outlets. I read his articles on Eurosport and he always seems to be making excuses for his below par efforts and making promises about the next round. You obviously support Toesland and fair enough but some of us don't support him. He was a two time WSB and was great to watch but it seems those days are over but he can't accept it. Just my humble Womble opinion

SuperSykes - Unregistered

August 02, 2011 11:48 AM

@Ratty

No worries, each to their own and all that. I haven't met him personally but from what I read and see on interviews it's just the vibe I get. I read his autobiography and spent the whole time thinking it was all just 'look at me, i'm amazing'. For comparison, i've read Stalker and Whithams books and they dont come accross that way. The racers I have met seem a lot more real too....Simon Crafar is probably the nicest guy on the planet. I did some pre season testing in Spain a few years back and everyone he was tutoring came away much improved and couldnt rave enough. Great guy to chat to and he even bought all his 'students' lunch!

If he's not really like that then maybe i'm doing him a disservice but it's just the impression i've got.

Fiona Ballhatchet

August 02, 2011 12:29 PM

Don't all Moto GP and World Superbike riders make excuses? Motocross riders however don't make excuses or complain about riders taking them out of the race or blaming the bike. As for you people saying he's arrogant well he's not. What about the likes of Stoner, Rossi and even Haga who are more arrogant than he is. Haga is the biggest arsehole I have met and yet people respect him? Seriously you all need to wake up. Haga never hardly spends time with his fans come on at least give James credit for that. Also Motocross riders can teach a thing or two to Moto GP and World Superbike riders to admit they made a mistake and not make excuses about a bike problem unless it did happen.

Jayne - Unregistered

August 02, 2011 1:08 PM

As a proud fan I say well done to JT. He was obviously in incredible pain and could easily have parked the bike race 2 but didn't.
Why do the British fans have to knock our riders?
I have the utmost respect for every rider and have seen enough crashes to appreciate what they go through at times to provide us with the sport we love.
As for being arrogant I don't think he is but has to honour his team sponsorship duties leaving him with very little time to spend with the average fan.
This was very notable at the weekend having paid for a pit walk only to get one autograph. Perhaps meeting the fans should be part of their contract as it is in BSB. I rememember the look on Hoppers face at Brands as we all descended on his garage but he signs autographs and poses for photographs happily.Not all riders are confortable meeting the public, Guy Martin was so out of his comfort zone at Brands and to me it made him more endearing.

Fiona Ballhatchet

August 02, 2011 1:11 PM

But not all riders walk away from the fans that were waiting 15 mins for him and just rode off their scooter last year at Silverstone like Haga did. He even ignored the fans when he was standing outside the Ducati hospitality and just walked straight in there without even saying hello or doing any autographs. To me that is an ****hole I never want to meet or support again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »