WSBK » Provisional grid of 22 riders for 2012

SBK general manager Paolo Ciabatti says there is a provisional World Superbike grid of 22 riders for 2012, with Ducati heading up the entry list with seven bikes.

spiesunderdog - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 3:50 PM

So BSB is on a higher level than AMA? LOL that's news to me! Spies/Mladin/Nicky could win the british championship on a scooter for f**ks sake. I get sick of the America bashing on this site.

GIXXER - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 3:56 PM

SPIESUNDERDOG,

Did you not forget hopkins in your little tiny list, oppsss forgot he didnt win LMAO

I think the USA deserves a good kickin from time to time

spiesunderdog - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 5:42 PM

GIXXER
Brits consider Hopkins one of their own because his parents are from there. OOOOOOOPS I never considered Hopkins all that great anyway, that's why I don't mention him. I know it hurts that the USA barely notices this sport, but we're still better than the UK. Damn that must suck! Now go hate on Australia for awhile cause Doohan/Bayliss/Stoner have made you Euro's look like ametuers for years now!! OUCH!

EliasBK - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 6:50 PM

Troy Bayliss did race in the AMA, and was subsequently drafted in to replace Carl Fogarty after his career ending crash in 2000, the year Colin Edwards won his first sbk title. Then Bayliss won it all the following year, and who can ever forget that monumental battle between them both in 02 (that last race in Imola, race2, easily one of the greatest sbk races of all time), ironically, 2 former AMA racers taking it to the rest of the world!

spiesunderdog - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 7:10 PM

@ EliasBK
EXACTLY. The AMA doesn't get the respect it desrves. I apologize for insulting Europe, I like you guys even though you hate us. I wish American sports fans had the same passion for motorcycle racing as you do.NASCAR=the most boring "sport" I've ever been forced to watch (besides golf). That's why I love this forum! Cheers!!

GIXXER - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 7:50 PM

Guys dont take my comments to serious, the AMA is okay and haas produced a few decent riders over the years, I just enjoying trolling rawgawg as he such a f*nny. LOL

p_dizzle - Unregistered

November 30, 2011 2:55 AM

I agree that if we(U.S.) had the same passion about this sport that Spain, Italy and to a lesser extent UK had then we would be churning out quite a few more world class riders. The sad truth is that there is only a handful of guys out here that make money from racing and all the rest scrape and scram for a budget. But make no mistake that there is some serious talent. The problem is, which is common in bike racing these days, is there is the haves and have nots and that is why you only have a few guys looking like world beaters. Keep your eye on JD Beach and Cameron Beaubier because those are two guys that can eventually make the jump to the world scene if they are ever given the proper chance. I don't give credit to the U.S. for much when it comes to international motor sports with the exception being motorcycle racing. We are good as any!

Eliasbk - Unregistered

November 30, 2011 5:51 AM

@ spiesunderdog

Lady GAGA is ours, not yours, as in Canada lol!

Lots of talented motorcycle racers here on this side (as in USA, some Canadians ie Miguel Duhamel), no doubt! Lack of exposure to the sport unfortunately means a lack of sponsorship money, which hurts the development of a lot of the young guns smoking rubber on their way to the top. If there was more exposure to the world moto racing scene here (more race weekends here, tv coverage, etc.) it would be a tremendous boost for the North American market for arguably the most exciting kind of motorsports competition on the planet: Motorcycle Racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« 1 2 3 4 5  »