WSBK » Pedercini confirms Salom and Mercado

"I'm really looking forward to this new adventure, as staying on a Kawasaki motorcycle was very important to me" - David Salom

Filter Comments: All | Registered

stupid - Unregistered

January 17, 2012 1:27 PM

salom wase better of staying in a top team in wss pedercini wil be backmarkers for ever until they dicede to but all their money in one wsbk they run 4 bikes al at the back of the pack

Boo - Unregistered

January 17, 2012 1:40 PM

Though I am inclined to agree about Pedercini in the sense that it is a back marker (it's probably the smallest team on the grid with exception to Ducati Roma), I don't suppose Salom had many WSS options. He was runner-up in 2011 riding a factory Kawasaki, so I don't think he'd consider taking on a non-factory WSS ride in 2012, as the only way from there is probably down.

He may as well rough it in WSBK instead - after all, Aitchison took the bike to the top ten, I think Salom (with a bit of experience behind him) might be capable of something similar.

Nick636

January 17, 2012 1:54 PM

Yes, Pedercini's budget is smaller than most, but before last year, the zx10 was a cr@p bike. And I say that as a Kawasaki fan.

The new bike is a vast improvement, and Aitcho's top 10 finishes, and Rolfo consistently getting points is an undeniable sign of the improvement.
Salom also showed a lot of growth last year, he's a super talented guy.

Give them a chance, maybe they show everyone a bit of a surprise!

Good luck guys

Mick - Unregistered

January 17, 2012 2:23 PM

The one thing Pedricini can be applauded for is running a team with the true ethos of WSB. No more than a CRT team really as he was in GP (Im sure people on here wont remember, pre Rossi days)and we know how everybody loves to moan about them on here.
But still he keeps the team afloat so good on him in these difficult times.

kirk66 - Unregistered

January 17, 2012 8:22 PM

I understand the desire to be in the superbike class, but I've watch Pedercini for three seasons and they aren't exactly lighting it up with consistancy. On their best weekend they might get 1 of the two riders into the top ten for 1 race of the 2 race weekend. I hope the kids do well, but they would probably have been better off in WSS, M2 or the BSB (any class).

Ben1

January 17, 2012 8:35 PM

The Salom move was a good surprise for me, WSS teams choose for new riders (for example Morais and the new guys at PTR), I thought he will move to Moto2 (because the bikes are similar) but his name wasn't on the entry list, I'm happy he's in WSB again.

As for Mercado, I like the guy from Superstock 1000 and 600, but maybe the move is a little bit early for him. Maybe I'll be wrong, both guys are talented, but I think the Pedercini machine is still the least competitive of the WSB bikes.