WSBK » Josh Brookes to substitute for John Hopkins

Josh Brookes is to assume John Hopkins' place in the Crescent Fixi Suzuki team for the opening World Superbike Championship round at Phillip Island.

bsbisgoodforyou - Unregistered

February 14, 2012 4:04 PM

@realfan
I bow to your superior knowledge of the said event.
Unfortunately reading MCN Archives Josh doesn't agree with you. "Brookes was still not accepting the blame for the crash and was quoted: “Regarding my suspended one race penalty, I understand that the series organisers have to make judgments and take possible action if necessary with racing incidents. However we still need more clarity about what exactly happened as the data shows the correct initial braking power, but also a drop in brake power just prior to the crash, which the team is investigating further"realfan I believe you !!!

Notfastenuff - Unregistered

February 14, 2012 4:14 PM

I'm not a fan of josh ( but respect his riding ability) having slated him over the guintoli rutter incidents.
However he is the logical choice:
Contracted to suzuki
Knows the gsxr well
Knows the track well
Has local fan support
I hate to admit it but he is the obvious choice
hope he goes well and stays safe

realfan

February 14, 2012 4:14 PM

@ sparky62
I can't speak for anybody else but for me it has nothing to do with where he is from,just the dangerous moves he makes. I wouldn't even say he was a dangerous rider most of the time but he does have a habit of going a bit too far too often.

realfan

February 14, 2012 4:28 PM

@ bsbisgoodforyou
So everybody else got it wrong and Josh (it's never my fault) Brookes is determined to clear his name, have I got it now?
Let's just imagine for a second he's telling the truth, what was he doing going into that corner at full race pace on the sighting lap when there were quite clearly slower riders ahead of him? It's not like he was trying to make a pass on somebody!

Caroline - Unregistered

February 14, 2012 4:41 PM

Im disappointed they've given Brookes a chance to ride Hopkins bike - I take it he's trying to make a point that he's not a dangerous rider - mmm well the jury is still out on that one! Come phillip island - watch your backs guys!!! Hurry back Hopper thats all I can say.

Tetley

February 14, 2012 4:49 PM

"However if Brookes could do 1 thing that would help more than any other it would be that when he makes a big mistake (and he will), he holds his hands up and admits it was his fault instead of the usual b.s. excuses. Posted by realfan"
And I totally agree with you. I was at Cadwell's Mountain taking photos when Brookes was doing the big jumps, and yes, it was great showboating for the crowd. But, when Rutter was added to the list of his victims, and Brookes started his "wasn't me" routine, it was clear that he thought that injuring other riders was an acceptable part of overtaking. He should not be allowed to race with that philosophy.

just saying - Unregistered

February 14, 2012 6:59 PM

can I just chip in my two penny worth and point out camier and brooks are also good friends, they just finished a road trip across oz. might have a SLIGHT influence on why josh and not west got the ride. despite wests 'get well soon hopper' tweets

just an observation

Sparky62 - Unregistered

February 14, 2012 7:36 PM

Rutter cut across Brookes' line at Cadwell. Brookes had done that pass at least a dozen times with other riders at that meeting and previous. Why would Brookes assume that Rutter didn't know he was going to try and make the pass? Brookes had every right to make the attempt and all similar passes at the same spot in the past had been applauded by the same commmentators who then ripped into him.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »