WSBK » Can Sykes fight for victory at Phillip Island?

"It looks like our base setting is pretty good. This is the third or fourth race circuit, in a wide range of temperatures, that it has worked at" - Tom Sykes.

bliz - Unregistered

February 15, 2012 6:09 PM

We'll have to see how the kwak handles it's tires over race distance...but at the moment I see no reason why Sykes name shouldn't be mentioned as a potential winner.

Ben1

February 15, 2012 7:03 PM

He is always fast in testing or qualification, but the race is another story... at least it was so far.

I would be happy to see a classic Phillip Island multi-man battle for the win between the Ducatis, Aprilias, Hondas maybe the BMWs and Kawasakis. Last year's Checa dominance was a great scenery for his fans (including me), but races like his 2010 win and the last Supersport battle at PI are simply more exciting.

jimbob - Unregistered

February 15, 2012 7:33 PM

Can Sykes fight for victory at Phillip Island?

Absolutley yes,without doubt (IMO) the most underrated rider on the grid.
For the 1st time in his WSBK career he has top guys around him who are helping bring out the real Sykes. Just lets watch him do his stuff and may the knockers eat their words.
Best of luck to one of the most genuine nice guys out there who never seems to make excuses or blame others when things don't go to plan.

heroin

February 15, 2012 9:37 PM

I think so yes. His confidence will be an all time high now with Kawasaki finally signing him to the official team and being at the sharp end straight away. Being the second year on the bike and with a new team that should be able to do a better job on the bikes with kawasaki factory putting in a lot of support it could be one of the best bikes out there. Tom can do it, I believe in him.

Gazza1JB

February 15, 2012 9:59 PM

Lascorz comment that - "We only get to use the real race tyres at the official tests, not this test."
Is a little interesting, i hope the different tyres don't screw up Sykes's Settings & style...

Nick636

February 16, 2012 4:16 AM

@ 1motion

What year? I've got a 2004. It's rude, crude, BUT THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD! She is also my first bike, and has taught me more about riding than I thought possible from a midweight. LOVE that girl..

@ Jimbob

Nice post, those are my thoughts on Sykes exactly... At Yamaha I guess his team were a bunch of top guys, BUT, they hardly spoke english... They weren't exactly on his side.

Anyway, ALMOST first race time!

« 1 2