WSBK » Sombre Sykes handed third WSBK pole

The Kawasaki rider is rewarded for his excellent Q2 effort, marking his first pole position to be achieved in the dry.

Nick636 - Unregistered

February 25, 2012 11:37 AM

Agreed Mclaren.

It must Also be hard offering condolences to people you dont know. But there's something that seems so down to earth about him. But it must be incredibly hard to ride after that.

Then again, i think it's something these guys understand can happen. But i doubt it makes these moments Any easier... I hope all involved are ok and there is support for his family and friends. He was so young.

Joeski

February 25, 2012 3:25 PM

RIP...Oscar McIntyre. (moment of noise for a bright shining youngster)

I have my favorite for the WSBK title but you know what... I would be "chuffed" (I like that word) if Syksey would win the title...just because many said he could not and many more doubted that Kawasaki could do it either. I had always believed and said he belonged here and thought he got a bad deal when Yamaha let him go. He look average only because Spies was so phenomenal!
It's possible, I have a new favorite, because I believe this guy has persevered when many thought he was on his way out and worst when he signed with kawasaki.
You know what! Go for it Sykes! Always respected you but now you have a fan. Not sure if that makes me a "bandwagonner" or not but don't care either way..long year ahead lets do this!!

Locks46+91+38&35

February 25, 2012 3:54 PM

@Joeski ! With you on everything tou say . Your thoughts for young Oscar and and what you say about Tom Sykes.
Tom has had to battle against the flow of a lot of doubters . Now that he seems to be staking a claim for top status in the team he might be able to run at the front more consistantly .

Shrieker

February 25, 2012 4:05 PM

I'm a bit surprised by both Sykes' and Kawa's pace in the dry. His rides in the old dog of a bike zx-10r in the wet quali @imola 2010 and then last year in nurburg again in the wet were both phenomenal !! I think this is by far his best achievement in the dry and hope he can keep it up in the races to make it double exciting.

nice guy - Unregistered

February 25, 2012 5:33 PM

I was lucky enough to be at a charity function sat beside grinner when he was with bsb suzuki with jack valentines team. his team mate, atsushi watanabe (might be mistaken in his surname) was an arrogant co*k, grinner was the nicest guy in the place and had time for everyone.

good to see him on pole in wsbk and his old team mate nowhere to be seen. karma.

good luck tom, stay on it tomorrow

Nick636 - Unregistered

February 25, 2012 6:50 PM

It's really great to see Grinner getting some support at last. I've been a fan since his year at yamaHa (always liked underdogs) and when he signed to team green i started following him closer. His conduct on track is always impeccable, in the pits and on the grid, Well, i guess there's a reason he's called the grinner. His team always get the first mention and thanks No matter what the outcome. And he did things NOONE else did on the old dog kwak. He is proper fast.

Haters are always gonna hate, But he just grins and pushes through.

OPEN SOME EYES THIS SEASON TOM! maybe challenge for the title if it all comes together!

1 2  »