WSBK » Super Sykes dominates Aragon test

Tom Sykes' best time on his works Kawasaki ZX-10R at Aragon was unofficially four tenths of a second under Carlos Checa's lap record

Nick636

March 20, 2012 2:04 PM

MCP

I don't know if it's Kawasaki or Provec Motocard, but someone has upped the anti on this bike! Nice that Tom has a team that seems to be listening to him and knows what he wants. And he CLEARLY feels the confidence from them! We WILL see regular podiums from him this season and WE WILL see a win or two.

Constantinos - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 2:17 PM

@ Nick 636.

I am happy for you and for the team Green.
Last year i was talking about reality.
This year,YES there is something different,i can see consistency.If you remember "consistency" is the single most important factor for me.

So for now and after Philip Island( i just dont care if this a DUCATI or Aprilia favourite track,everyone has a favourite track.)the speed of Carlos and Max are the benchmarks.
Of course you do remember what happend there,the gap between Carlos and Sykes or the Biaggi "walk" to the fields...

You have your reasons to be excited,for me is different.
I would like to wait for some races.

SUZOOK - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 2:24 PM

Its very rare when a bike wins races in its debut season. New machines usually need to be fine-tuned in order to iron out gremlins before they truly become competitive and turned into race winners. The K5 Suzuki is one of the few bikes I know that won in its first year of competition. It blitzed the opposition, especially in the first half of the season. Corser and Kagayama won NINE races between the two of them. The new Suzukis won right from the word go at Losail when Corser won the first race & Kagayama took the honours in the second. The trend continued in the next race at PI when the Gixxers won both races there as well.They were up against high quality opposition in Haga (Yamaha R1), Vermeulen (Honda Fireblade), Toseland & Laconi (Ducati) which makes their achievements even more impressive. Oh, I forgot to mention that Troy Corser took the championship in 2005. I long for the day when the GSX-Rs will once again receive full factory backing. However, I still expect Hopkins & Camie

SUZOOK - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 2:31 PM

continued...
Camier to spring a few surprises on the Yoshi-prepared bikes. I'm certain that Hopper would have made a world of difference to Crescent's fortunes at PI were it not for the unfortunate unjury that he sustained in testing. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that he remains unjury-free this year so that he can use the full potential of the Gixxer. Camier is already feeling comfortable on the bike and will probably raise his game as we head deeper into the season.
C'mon Suzuki!

WsbkIsTheReal

March 20, 2012 4:49 PM

@Nick636, Thanks for remembering me :)
Congrats to sykes and you for the first race.
I hope he continues to race like this. He seemed to be improved and the bike too. But don't go by this achievement in test lap. He was always good in tests and qualifyings. Lets wait for the race.

Micky - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 5:34 PM

He has always been quick in testing/qualifying yes but always 3rd or 4th
Never a second faster than second place. This is really impressive even Biaggi had to say so. I think this will be a strong year for Tom and Kawasaki I'm happy he now is showing his true potential.

. - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 5:42 PM

nick636, name says it all really the 636 was some deluded attempt to con punters the Kwak 6 was any good.
No never had any chances PBM honda, Rizla Suzk bla bla
I admire your devotion to all things Tom but this is just a test a race is a different game.

And yes Camier is the real deal and if that bike can gain just a little hp then you'll see the British hope.

Nick636

March 21, 2012 6:46 AM

@ .-Unregistered

WOW, what a low blow. Why bring my bike into this? You don't see me telling the world your girlfriend/wife is fat and sleeping with your neighbour do you? And please, like you know ANYTHING about the 2004 636?! If it was as bad as you say, it would not have been in the top 3 of almost every major publication's supersport shootout that year. Kawasaki found an affordable way to make the ZX6R a better ROAD bike. And it worked. And please, you probably had your A$$ handed to you by one too many 636's a they actually handle AMAZINGLY and have low down power like no other 600. I've kicked a couple of GSX-R 750's on my day. So please, get off the bitter "I got beat by a "cheater"" train!

« 1 2 3 4  »