WSBK » Sykes one-second clear on ‘race rubber’

We found better feedback and front traction at this test. I did a 1m 57.2 on race tyres..." - Tom Sykes.

Nick636

March 20, 2012 2:02 PM

ALMOST HALF A SECOND CLEAR OF THE RECORD ON RACE RUBBER?!?!

Can't wait for the Aragon round. In fact, can't wait for Imola round! He's generally quick there!!!!

What I am LOVING is, as with Jenson Button and Casey Stoner, the more the haters hate, the more it's gonna grate them the better he does!!!

bliz - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 3:59 PM

Huh? Who hates on Sykes? Pretty much everyone I know are pulling for him.

And for the record...I can't STAND Hamilton. I'm a Jenson fan all the way.

Mikeyy - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 4:33 PM

So much raw pace i hope he can manage himself over a full race like Biaggi and Checa do and we will have a real shot at seeing the kawasaki fighting for wins and maybe just maybe the title but thats a big ask looking at Biaggi and his aprilia

Sidewinder - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 5:52 PM

hey dont count out Jonny Rea!! that Honda team is gona surprise a few!!

sorry had to say that!

go team Green good to see another manufacterer up there. I hope to god its not gonna be a Aprili/ Ducati show :)

RaceFan - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 7:26 PM

I agree with those who believe Tom has been motivated by negative vibes. It is also no surprise that his pace has shown itself after the change of team. He feels at home with these guys and is showing Lascorz the way, something which surprised many... including me, initially. Let us all wish him well for this season, he is the coming man and deserves the luck and victories he is surely destined to achieve! Go Tom!

mkindyfan - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 7:50 PM

I hope that a few fast laps in testing can translate into progressively faster lap times in a race situation... otherwise it's pointless...

I wish to nominate a name change for Tom from The Grinner to Phyco Sykes.. if for no other reason than his riding style which I love to watch.. :-)

a s

March 20, 2012 9:28 PM

Sykes is an extremely underrated rider.

Its amazing how he has helped Kawasaki develop the bike from scratch to a potential race winning machine.

And once he gets into his rhythm, he can hang right up there with the best in the world.

One of my favorite riders. Hes like a flawed hero, not on the best machine but giving it his all every time.

1 2  »