WSBK » On-form Sykes takes improvements to Imola

"“We improved the bike at the recent Aragon tests particularly the front end feedback and traction, which I hope we can take onwards to Imola" - Tom Sykes.

Sweeble - Unregistered

March 27, 2012 1:45 PM

Tom has always been a slow builder, he did it in BSB and is now doing it in WSB. His first season in WSB was very solid but he had the misfortune to be in the same team as the frighteningly fast Spies which made it look less good than it was. Once Tom gets a proper win in the dry, he may be hard to stop. If you're reading this Tom, I've put some money on you for this weekend, so don't let me down!

Nick636

March 27, 2012 2:47 PM

After reading up and finding a little more background to Tom's year with Yamaha, it makes it even more impressive as a debut season.

He's performed his duties with Kawasaki without fuss or complaint, just keeping his head down and riding and he's showing the fruit morn from those labours.

Go Tom, show us what you got!
My personal favourite rider on my favourite brand.
Get us some more podiums!

RocketR1

March 27, 2012 3:57 PM

This guy is full if talent and the bike looks very good this year,He just needs a Dry win to boost his confidence..Mad Max and Checa are going to be hard to stay in front of but im Hoping Tom this weekend!!

SUZOOK - Unregistered

March 27, 2012 4:28 PM

Things are looking up for Team Green. I'm delighted that they've emerged from the doldrums to strut their stuff once more. I like Tom Sykes who is a real racer and a true gentleman.The season should be a humdinger!
Help! I couldn't locate the "LIVE TIMING" link on the home page of worldsbk.com when the races were held at PI.Does anyone know how this facility is accessed? In the past, users would merely click on "LIVE TIMING" to witness a comprehensive display of what was happening such as sector times, top speeds,laps completed,crashes etc. when practice,qualifying & the races took place.I will deeply appreciate any assistance in this respect. Cheery bye.

Simmy - Unregistered

March 27, 2012 4:44 PM

I really hope Sykesy grabs the checkers. It will be good for Kawasaki to. Also rootin' for Lascorz after the injury suffered. Hopper is back and McCormick makes his debut, oh ya, bring it on!

Nick636 - Unregistered

March 27, 2012 5:45 PM

@ suzook

It was pretty complicated. It's still on the right of their page. But you have to log into that fan zone thing... I eventually got it to work somehow. Just play around in there.

J - Unregistered

March 27, 2012 6:07 PM

Sykes for the double!!?? Yikes... Now that would be a treat. just because I like underdogs. With that said, I would love for Hopper to come in a rip the field we need a 4 horse race for the champ not the same 2..
bring it on!!

SUZOOK - Unregistered

March 27, 2012 7:28 PM

@ Nick636

Your advice is highly appreciated.I wonder why the web designers have decided to change things. It was very simple to access "LIVE TIMING" the old way. Why do people fix things that ain't broken? Anyway, I hope you enjoy a splendid weekend of racing. I will be watching the progress of the Kawas with great interest. They can't be far from securing a race win against all comers. Tom has the look of a the likely winner after the blistering pace that he set last week at Aragon. I hope the Suzukis also show up after the hiccups of PI. Cheery bye.

humanoid1989 - Unregistered

March 27, 2012 11:06 PM

Shiny side up Tom- cracking start to 2012, lets have a dry win!
Once he achieves this, as others have mentioned i think he will give Checa and Biaggi a run every week.
Bring it on for team green......

Percentage

March 28, 2012 12:34 AM

I really want the Green Machines to win, though, it looks like they have the BMW disease, all top end delivered violently, hence, wrecks the tyre.

Best step forward for Kawa was the step up of the Provec Motorcard team from WSS.

1 2  »