WSBK » Lascorz condition remains unconfirmed

Joan Lascorz is transferred to Barcelona as the full extent of the injuries he sustained in an accident on Monday are yet to be confirmed.

MM - Unregistered

April 04, 2012 9:48 AM

Really hoping for good news and that the worst case scenario remains just that, a theoretical possibility.

Ben1

April 04, 2012 11:20 AM

I hope they issue about his condition soon, I check the sites a lot of times to have some news about him. I don't believe to rumours and tweets and the speculation of the Italian media.

MM - Unregistered

April 04, 2012 11:35 AM

I'd like to think that the disagree to AG's comment was accidental. It seems that a few friends and relatives of some riders do actually visit this site, though I'd avoid it myself if I were racing, such is the disrespect shown sometimes. On another site, somebody said that after Simoncelli's accident, they no longer went to track days as it had taken away their enjoyment. He wasn't a personal friend or even acquaitance of Sic, unlike Rossi, who was involved in that crash in the worst way immaginable. Yet he's still riding and giving it his best. I don't know Lascorz but I feel he's part of the same tribe of those passionate about bike racing. I fear for the devastating effect on his life if things turn out for the worst, so I really can't understand that disagree.

mates29 - Unregistered

April 04, 2012 12:16 PM

Wishing and hoping for the best Joan.Checking sites all the time,to hear good some news.

Iddor - Unregistered

April 04, 2012 12:23 PM

They cannot tell the extent of the injury while he's sedated. And they are going to fly him over to Spain before they wake him up. So we have to wait.

Hope for the best.

Good luck Joan

Caroline - Unregistered

April 04, 2012 3:13 PM

Like the majority of comments - we are hoping for the very best for Joan and good news soon..I haven't checked out other sites so do not know what rumours are circulating but I guess there not good reading - I hope the team make an announcement soon so the rumours/speculation on his injuries can stop. Wishing Joan and his family the very best at this time.

hope - Unregistered

April 04, 2012 4:38 PM

Really hope the best for Joan.

Must say, the chinese whispers of the extent of his injuries is not good.
We are all concerned and wish the best, but the speculation makes bad reading.

After the surgery they stated(the official statement) that they had opperated on the T6 in his back, but many of the other reports mention C5 and C6! There is a big difference, C5 & C6 are in the neck, I really hope the official statement is the correct one, as if he has actual damage to the column, T6 is a lot lower down and should be a lot less damaging (big difference between parapalegic and quadrapalegic)!

Laurie - Unregistered

April 04, 2012 4:57 PM

My thoughts are with Joan, his family, and friends. I'm avoiding looking for news about his condition because it's unconfirmed.I know the media wants to act on the story, but it's prety callous to report on speculation and rumours. A young man's life and livelihood are on the line.

1 2 3  »