WSBK » Tom Sykes to go it alone at Assen

The British rider has been a revelation in the opening two rounds with his two pole positions and three podium finishes.

pcxmac - Unregistered

April 17, 2012 5:19 AM

There are tweets Joan is starting to wake up and moving his arms down to the wrists. Fingers crossed he keeps getting better.

Sykes shouldn't have any issues, he seems to be the fastest bike/rider combo, less the tire wear.

Nick636

April 17, 2012 5:29 AM

Really hoping Jumbo makes a full recovery.

Sykes really is the revelation this season. no one rider / team has showed this kind of improvement. Just shows what a top notch team around you can do for a rider's confidence and to just break through that performance plateau.

Good luck Tom! Make it another double podium, maybe even wins.
Can we get a third Pole in a row?

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

April 17, 2012 7:56 AM

I'm sure Kawasaki could have have put a number of good riders on that bike to score some points, but I like that as a mark of respect, they have chosen not to do so for this round.

Now I want Tom to go out and win one so he can dedicate it to Joan and his ongoing recovery.

sloppyfingz - Unregistered

April 17, 2012 9:43 AM

not one single mention of your teammate since the crash- that s really classy of you ...

EDIT by CRASH.NET - hostile remark removed. Please avoid abusive language when posting.

Ben1

April 17, 2012 10:04 AM

It doesn't matter who will win and which manufacturer is cheating, or how exciting the races will be, I only hope we will have safe racing in Assen.
I'm a little bit surprised that Sykes didn't mention his team-mate. Maybe he said something but it's not written in the article, or he not mentioned him because don't want to think about this really bad experience.

I again wish all the best to Joan. I hope we can consider moving the hands a good sign.

numptyalert - Unregistered

April 17, 2012 10:15 AM

@ sloppyfings,dont be a dork, im sure tom has plenty of personal thoughts about lascorz,im sure if he was asked he would comment,its not his job to go around the media,seeking to talk about it,he probably is being classy,not talking about it,its more respectful for joans family etc,engage brain before typing nonsense

Nick636

April 17, 2012 10:16 AM

I have also wondered about Tom keeping quiet about Lascorz, but I figure the guy has a job to do and I reckon the more they think about things like that the worse it gets in their heads.

Also, what we generally read is a very small portion of the interviews. I'm sure there is no malice or disrespect.

Good luck Tom, good luck Jumbo.

1 2 3  »