WSBK » Salom turns down factory Kawasaki ride?

David Salom reportedly turns down an offer from Kawasaki Racing to replace Joan Lascorz out of loyalty for his current Pedercini team.

signups - Unregistered

April 24, 2012 1:20 PM

Haga would be brilliant, would ride it hard to get to the front Im sure, if the wages were right... Scassa is doing well in BSB he will stay put. I heard strong rumours Loris Baz was getting the ride ?? Whilst we are on rider replacements... can we please please, have Mr Bayliss on the Effenbert Liberty bike of injured Brett McCormick... !!!

OH YEAH - Unregistered

April 24, 2012 1:31 PM

2 nick, crutchlow had a bike like that,fast etc,it was called a works r1 yamaha, and he was not that great on it,rea canned his arz most of the time,on a pile of junk, now how CRAZY WOULD REA BE ON IT, THAT WOULD BE WORTH WATCHING

Nick636

April 24, 2012 1:53 PM

@ OH YEAH

Agree fully, but don't forget that was Crutch's first and only year in WSBK and he had a couple wins too. I think he'd be gr8. But if you read one of my previous posts I did mention Rea, who is one of my favourite riders to watch. I always talk about how awesome it was watching him go down the Mineshaft at Kyalami... WAS CRAZY. He had the Honda sideways and bouncing.

PLEASE RETURN TO SOUTH AFRICA WSBK!!!!

Keefypee - Unregistered

April 24, 2012 1:59 PM

Good for David....nice to see some morals shining through all this rain!
How about Morais? He's on a Kwak in World Supersport right now, but has had experience on a Kwak 1000. When he's on it, he a reasonable rider. Sofuoglu may be another choice, but he didn't adapt well on a thou.
Leave Haga & the others be, & let them see out their contractual obligations.

Nick636

April 24, 2012 2:04 PM

@ Keefypee

HAHAHA. I was adamant I was NOT gonna be the first to say Morais!!!
I WOULD LOVE FOR SHERIDAN TO GET THE RIDE!!! I think he needs to focus on his supersport ride at present though. I fear he is one gr8 result shy of that confidence inspiring breakthrough. (MUCH LIKE SYKES???)

Also find it strange that Staring's name hasn't come up as he has been reasonably impressive both years at PI. But that said, Shez did get their only podium in SSTK100 last year.

oh yeah - Unregistered

April 24, 2012 2:35 PM

2 nick ,if rea got that kawasaki sideways and bouncin he would take some catchin,dont think the dukes or aprilia would catch him,some mentioned riders are inexperienced at wsbk top level, i do think kawasaki need another proven race winner in superbike,the bike looks like it would win the title in the right hands,no point in giving it to a rookie yet

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »