WSBK » Laverty eyeing victory repeat at Monza

Eugene Laverty is confident of challenging for victory once again at Monza, a year after he scored an impressive double victory.

pcxmac - Unregistered

May 03, 2012 9:56 AM

If there is one turn on this circuit he wont be very good at I would think it would be the first turn. He should have Max through the parabolica and down the straight though, hope Max gets a good jump out of the last turn and through the Lesmos.

philarm - Unregistered

May 03, 2012 12:46 PM

i think max needs to start looking over his shoulder eugene is gettin quicker and quicker. And I think if it comes to a straight fight eugene would have the advantage over most of the wsbk apart from mabye jonny rea and tom skyes.

Pizdoff - Unregistered

May 03, 2012 1:04 PM

I'm begining to think I should have chosen Eugene for my FRR team.

He has an excellent history here.
The track suits the RSV4 .....

I'm not sure it is still faster than the BMs or Tom Sykes's Kwak. But its fast enough.

freedom rider - Unregistered

May 03, 2012 1:06 PM

Too bad Camier can't say this " “I'm really looking forward to Monza as the Aprilia is very fast in a straight line. I had a double victory at the circuit last year so I'd love nothing more than to do the same again this time around.” " :-p At least Laverty realistically thinks he can win! Go Laverty !!!!

Proud Guido - Unregistered

May 03, 2012 1:12 PM

If he won the 2 races last year on the yamaha R1 which had the lowest top of all then based on the aprilia this should be a walk in the park. Even though I'm not a "top speed is everything" believer.

bill - Unregistered

May 03, 2012 2:38 PM

the yamaha R1 which had the lowest top of all

Eh??? Wot u smokin? The R1 was second only to the Aprilia on top speed-it was virtually an M1 in drag for goodness sake..

Dannyboy

May 03, 2012 4:57 PM

If he can manage even one win, or even a couple podiums this weekend his confidence will be over the moon. He will be hard to beat if he gets some momentum behind him.

Norge to GP's please!

pedroner - Unregistered

May 03, 2012 9:35 PM

Dunno if I want to see him in GP's Dannyboy! SBK is way more fun these days! Hope he does the double again, but it's a hard ask. He was on fire last year, and Max helped him a small bit too. But ya never know ...!