WSBK » Furious Effenbert Liberty team slams WSBK

Effenbert Liberty releases an extraordinary statement in which it slams the World Superbike Championship and its organisers.

Boo - Unregistered

May 06, 2012 6:59 PM

Wow... You don't see many statements like that! Nice to see they aren't playing 'nice' with the organisers and are actually saying what they think, which regardless of whether you agree or not, is interesting.

Feel desperately sorry for Guintoli. I'm guessing something burnt out because he was sat at the front raring to go not knowing what was happening behind him with a few riders waving their hands.

Mason

May 06, 2012 7:01 PM

as good as it is that effinbert are being realistic and standing up for themselves, i feel if they don't race the punishment will not be on wsbk but on there riders, mechanics etc.... what will they all do if the team pulls out

RSMick

May 06, 2012 7:02 PM

I doubt they wil carry it through like most people who make threats. Maybe a tidy cheque from ims will keep them quite.
I think they are right though.
I always thought it was the race leader who signalled to stop the race, not the British and Irish in the middle.

Firefly

May 06, 2012 7:04 PM

I must say I don't think using this hard critisism is very constructive.

However, I do agree that it does seem rather fishy. After the two warm up laps, only the BMW and Aprilia riders put their hands up, waving. The rest of the field was ready to go. And in the end it turned out there was absolutely no need to postpone the race even further.

Bam Bam - Unregistered

May 06, 2012 7:06 PM

Interesting you say that Mick, I need to look at replays again but apparently (and this is according to the very partisan Italian media), the British riders wanted to race on, but the Italians didn't. I think that's what Effenbert are suggesting in that the Italian riders have a bigger say in an Italian championship.

Liam48

May 06, 2012 7:06 PM

I agree with theit frustration!

There was absolutely no need to delay the start of the second race. It was fine to go racing, they had slicks on a 99% dry track.

If they hadn't delayed the start we would have a full second race without these stupid half points. The organizers listen to much to some riders!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »