WSBK » Rea reflects on 'crazy' race two victory

'It's nice to win and, in that second race, everybody wanted to win so bad. It was a crazy race' - Jonathan Rea

classy rea - Unregistered

May 13, 2012 11:47 PM

what a race from rea,coming from waay back,banged fairings with max a couple of times ,melandri a few times ,max even congratulated him lol,after a steady start to the season seems like rea has the gloves off now,and back to his fighting self,some good racing ahead,nice to hear haslam saying he did not blame rea for the incident,things may be awkward in the bmw garage for a while

Matt - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 1:20 AM

How can this be Melandri's fault?? Sure he ran wide but he didn't hit anyone. He got hit!!! Just because a gap opens up doesn't mean someone can just barge right through it like a bowling ball.

Matt - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 1:25 AM

Having said that, @you utter muppets - that sums it up.
This is WAY better than watching MotoGP right now.
And anyone who has seen first hand what Jonny Rea has been through to get that win - well I certainly wouldn't begrudge him a victory.
This was a fantastic days racing.

newbie - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 1:49 AM

I admit Im new to watching superbike racing. I watched this race on tv on dvr and was able to replay the last corner in slow motion, and there was clearly not enough room for Rea to get by without going into the grass or running into Haslam. Anyone can see that if I can. He didnt deserve to win that race. It seemed to me that the two BMW motorcycles,and riders, were the best on that track on that day.

papa - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 2:08 AM

NEWBIE To be honest i agree, it was only a bike width the gap he had and was really borderline at best, but it is easy to misjudge gaps in the heat of the moment.

Laterrus: Rossi Fanboy #1

May 14, 2012 2:29 AM

I just rewatched the incident over and over and over and to me, it looked like Rea just barged his way through taking out Haslam in the process. There was NO room for that move. I'm not a fan of either but, it looks like Rea was at fault. The fact that Marco started everyhting is beside the point. Haslam still had a pretty tight line and Rea came in with no room and just bullied him out of the way. That's just the way "I" see it. I'm not a Marco fan either but, at least when he passed people in race 2, he didn't touch anyone. Rea touched people at least twice while passing and that says to me that he was trying to make something out of nothing on more than one occassion today. I agree that it is racing and sometimes there have to be harsh choices made to get to 1st but, there has to be a line somewhere and Rea crossed it in that last race.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »