WSBK » Double podium keeps Sykes firmly in title fight

“Five minus two equals a podium so I'm very happy!” – Tom Sykes.

Nick636

May 14, 2012 12:12 PM

ATTA BOY!

Pity they got past him when they did, looked like he got flustered for half a lap. Thought it was quite good he sat back and didn't override to stay with the group, could've had an off if he did.

Anyone still giving him hell is just hating as he has gone from strength to strength.

It's good him, Biaggi, Rea, Melandri and Haslam got some good results as I fear Miller will be the Checa show again. It's like that guy was built for Miller.

hate ducs - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 12:34 PM

yeah spot on Nick
no point arguing about Donny anymore, just wait till Miller where Checa and the other Ducs will dominate. Ho-hum the 4 cylinder races were good while it lasted...

Nick636

May 14, 2012 1:23 PM

I don't even see it as a Duc thing. It's more a Checa thing!

He even picked up double wins on the Honda here if I remember correctly.
He just LOVES this track!

Besides, Donni was supposedly a Duc track......... At least we still have Aragon.
But I won't count on ANYONE running away with this season. This is one for the history books.

baznap - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 8:15 PM

@wsbkisthereal

Luck? what has luck got to do with it? you can clearly see sykes has worked so hard over the winter and continues to do so over a race weekend. his main problems have always been mid race when he cant seem to keep the pace with the tyres, he's now relly getting there through sheer hard work.

i wish people would stop calling people lucky when they have earned everthing they have got.

rab27 - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 9:24 PM

he is showing consistency but i dont think the bike is quite there yet,same again,able to lead but once he gets passed never looks like being able to regain the position which has to be down to the bike because he can certainly run the lap times.

RayC - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 11:54 PM

Tom is the real deal and a genuine championship contender.
Calm, focused, no unnecessary risks or dangerous tactics, beautiful style. Blisteringly fast lap times.
Maybe not so exciting and controversial as some, but anyone who was there to see the way he led the races and his overtaking move on Biaggi early in race two will appreciate his talent.

Laterrus: Rossi Fanboy #1

May 15, 2012 12:03 AM

All I can say is GREAT WORK Tom! I can't lie, I wasn't much of a fan when he was at Yamaha but, if I were to be honest, it would have been hard for anyone to get light shined on them in that team with Spies being there. Spies had all kinds or mechanical problems and a 80 point deficit to overcome at one point and did it. It was just his year and it was unfortunate for Sykes but, booooooy when he went to my favorite brand, he gained a lot of stock in my book and Kawasaki giving him the chance to succeed is really paying off this year and I'm soooooo hoping he'll take the crown this year! It would be a real life rags to riches story if he did seeing how Paul Bird almost threw him away like an old rag. As far as Miller is concerned, I don't think the Ducs will walk away with it there. There's alot of places for bikes with a lot of power (ie. Kawa/BMW....) to really open up. Part of me thinks the Ducs will be playing catch up all race since the 4s have tons of outright power with fairly go

shamarone

May 15, 2012 4:23 AM

re: "I can't lie, I wasn't much of a fan when he was at Yamaha but, if I were to be honest, it would have been hard for anyone to get light shined on them in that team with Spies being there. Spies had all kinds or mechanical problems and a 80 point deficit to overcome at one point and did it. It was just his year and it was unfortunate for Sykes"

no worries, his yamaha time wasn't for nothing. spies put him on to the technique for cutting a fast lap time. his string of superpole's proves it works.

1 2  »