WSBK » Baz set to see out season with Kawasaki

Loris Baz does enough in his two stand-in rides with Kawasaki to earn a full-time seat with the manufacturer for the 2012 season.

Nick636

June 06, 2012 8:27 AM

Very happy they made that decision. As I have said before, I sold him short. I wasn't too familiar with him. But he has been so impressive so far with very little experience.

BUT!!! DAVID MCFADDEN!!! SOOOO EVCITED ABOUT HIM GETTING A SHOT.

He is a very bright young talent as well. Just wish Greg Gildenhuys could get a shot too.

As for Baz beating Sykes, I'm not sure, but he certainly has the talent.

aeaventures - Unregistered

June 06, 2012 8:32 AM

A good example to many other young riders some of whom think its all motorhomes and handed on a plate, this guys is from the school of hard knocks has made many of his chances and really deserves this one, met his pop at Imola, they are not rich and in many ways eptitamise the circus attitude of the 70's racers
'anything anywhere'
Beating Sykes? thats a way off yet chums

roemer

June 06, 2012 9:45 AM

that's very good news, so happy for him and his family I think too he has this 70's attitude of gypsyhardworkingracer....I'm sure he'll grow to the point of beating Sykes, as much as I like both..

bon courage Loris

go BAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZ

Ben1

June 06, 2012 9:58 AM

I'm happy to see this, after he was out of BSB last year his career suffered a big setback, in less then a year he is in World Superbike with a top team!
His results so far were correct for a stand-in rider, but - he will have higher expectations now. It won't be enough just scoring points, he has to improve constantly until the end of the season. It will be a hard task, I hope he succeeds.

Nick636

June 06, 2012 10:11 AM

@ Ben1

I agree to a certain degree. But I think Kawasaki have proved to be (quite rightly) patient and logical towards their riders these days. I think they know he's young and inexperienced but superbly talented.

Let's hope he pays attention, takes all the pointers he can from Sykes. Specially as they're both tall and quite aggressive.

I don't even mind him beating Sykes on occasion if it means Kawasaki have a strong 2-man team.

Ben1

June 06, 2012 10:18 AM

@ Nick636

Yes. I only meant his results at Donny and Miller were great for a stand-in rider, but he can't have such results for the whole year. He needs to improve. The machine is capable of top results. Kawasaki needs two rider scoring strong positions. I think he will be able to match, or at last near Sykes. He's a very quality rider, althought still very young.

1 2  »