WSBK » 17” tyre given thumbs up by WSBK riders

A handful of World Superbike riders signal their satisfaction with Pirelli's new 17" tyres following a successful first test at Motorland Aragon.

Bradenws

July 03, 2012 8:09 AM

I like 16.5in wheels conceptually, but understand why SBK would want 17inchers. Also, whom do I write to to thank for the new headlight stickers? I can't count the times I've been rooting for Rossi46 only to have it all ruined by someone telling me this isn't MotoGP.

Jon

July 03, 2012 9:33 AM

I'm with the man above....
What on Earth is that first post about?

But anyway, SBK should definitely be on 17" wheels- it's a step closer to being production and I hope that over the next few seasons a few more changes take place which bring the bikes on our screens closer to those we can buy...
..and with that the price comes down accordingly.
500,000 GBP for a proddie racer is crazy!!!

Bradenws

July 03, 2012 10:26 AM

hard to read sarcasm isn't it. I just think it's dumb they require fake headlight stickers next season, for differentiation or some crap. Surprising Crash hasn't reported anything on this yet.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

July 03, 2012 1:55 PM

I have met quite a few people who can't tell the difference between BSB, WSBK and MotoGP - even including owners of supersport 600 bikes!

So maybe this headlight sticker idea has some merit?

jfl - Unregistered

July 03, 2012 5:26 PM

They should probably add touring bags to the sbk bikes and force the riders to ride from venue to venue. Also, they could add back the license plate mounting bracket and turn signals so that we fans could really identify with the bikes.

Barbier - Unregistered

July 04, 2012 2:33 AM

Excuse me, but wasnt this comments section about the 17 inch wheels an tyres performance?

Anyway, does anybody know what the width of the 17'' will be? I guess the 200mm will be out of the question, but I havent seen any reference regarding that difference between the two wheels.

Lethal Rog - Unregistered

July 04, 2012 1:17 PM

The difference is that the 17" have a smaller footprint than the 16.5,which are ballon shaped....Anyhoo,i seem to remember just at the time the 16.5s became popular (in the late 90's)that the main reason they were favoured was that they stayed cooler than the 17s.

1 2  »