WSBK » New winner Baz keeping hopes modest

Loris Baz plays down his chances of winning once again at the Moscow Raceway, insisting a pair of top eight results would make him 'really happy'.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

dave from the don - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 10:04 AM

You'd have to back Loris for the full-time ride next year, but if a good WSBK ride isnt available then i hope he gets offered a top ride in a return to BSB.

He put in some good performances on an absolute nail last year. Im sure most Brits would love to have him back.

Nick636

August 21, 2012 10:46 AM

If he DOESN'T get the full-time Kwak next to Sykes next year, I will eat my hat.
Also, it would have to be one hell of a surprising/high-profile rider to replace him, considering his results. Although Kawasaki have been known for their strange/unfair decisions... Look how they dropped Sykes.

I hope this lineup stays as is for 2013, and if not, that they get a monster name like RDP, Edwards, Spies or something shocking along those lines!

GO TOM!
GO LORIS!
GO TEAM GREEN!

Boo - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 2:08 PM

It's true, I think Kawasaki will struggle to justify letting him go now, but I doubt they really expected him to be anything more than a fill-in for the end of the season.

In fact, they'd struggle to justify dropping either of their riders, but Kawasaki won't be able to ignore that they are probably better placed than ever to target a former champion/MotoGP refugee, so it will be interesting to see what happens next.

A third bike maybe?

jimmy - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 3:07 PM

Boo: It would be a shame (and a disgrace) if some washed up ex-MotoGP rider is for WSBK teams more valuable than a young talent. I really hope Kawa signs Baz for the next season. He's a champion material, really.

Boo - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 4:17 PM

True... though you wouldn't blame Kawasaki for being tempted by someone, err, 'washed up' given Melandri, Biaggi and Checa's success (not that being a MotoGP rider immediately makes them successful WSBK material of course).

Baz may be a big star for the future, but when in the future? I'd love to see Kawasaki have a big name signing, plus the ever reliable Sykes and a growing star like in their midst. In addition, not instead of

TD - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 4:27 PM

Offtopic: Pictures from journay to Moscow raceway. Nothing to be jealous about...

www.bikeracing.cz/moto-magazin/road-racing/wsbk/superbiky-dorazily-do-moskvy-a12379/

Reality Czech - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 4:58 PM

@jimmy

Baz as championship material ? I think thats a bit of a stretch. I like Baz myself though his success has come under very abnormal conditions but nothing can be taken away from him. In a year or two we'll see what he can do. Personally I would like to see Rea have a crack at it because he seems to wring out every ounce of that Honda. And remember the past couple of years its been a veteran/"old man" game in who has been winning WSBK championships. It has been interesting to me how hard the young guns have had in trying to compete for overall victory.

With the possible exception of the incredible, record breaking year that Spies had (and once put in perspective, he really did have a smashing year) all glories have gone to the (some ex-MotoGP) "old men".

Does that lessen WSBK ? Not to me since over the past couple of years WSBK has had the most exciting racing on two wheels I believe. Can't wait for Moscow !!! :-)