WSBK » Joan Lascorz speaks of accident for first time

Five months after being paralysed in an accident during World Superbike testing at Imola, Kawasaki rider Joan Lascorz has broken his silence about his injuries for the first time...

RedEye - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 1:22 PM

That ZX10 snapping itself in two after hitting that wall in the Superstock race should have been a warning that Imola should be taken off the calendar until it is safe.

I feel for Joan and i'm going to miss him in WSB and wish him well for the future.

conrod - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 1:33 PM

I wish joan the very best for the future.
Perhaps some of you guys outtheir could comment that
in situation than joan is in does he not recieve a lump sum from the company he rode for ? or is this area re finance not in a racers contract.
Welcome some comments.

pcxmac - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 1:40 PM

concrete barrier pretty much says it all. All tracks involving bikes should not expose riders to these risks. Life's a journey Joan, please keep climbing/struggling.

Ben1

August 24, 2012 1:45 PM

I am proud of Joan's career and what he achieved. Wish it had been full, there was a lot of succees waiting for him. And I just wish him succees and happiness with him new goals.

Nick636

August 24, 2012 2:06 PM

There are no words one could use to describe the sadness I think MANY feel towards Joan and his family. To have your passion, your livelihood ripped away from you at such a young age, is just horrific (much like I expect the test driver for HRT must feel).

We don't know Joan personally, but as passionate supporters of this sport we somehow grow an emotional attachment to them. They entertain us and put their own lives on the line. I would never wish this on my worst enemy, let alone a young talent in the prime of his life.

Greatest of luck to you in the future Joan, whatever it may bring. Forever a fan.

TFIF - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 2:13 PM

It's great to see some support from others in the game like, Rossi, Dovizioso, Crutchlow, Hayden, Pedrosa ( a few names that are obviously missing and that reflects their obvious self centred egos, I rest my case....y )
In this day and age with the fast development of bikes you would think there would be equally paced development of tracks as well.

sloppyfngz - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 2:18 PM

me

The guy is just honest. You ve no idea what he s going through, and it s good to share the bad moments as well as the good. Whoever says they have not had moments of depression or "why me " moments after a serious illness or an injury like this that you know is permanent is LYING. Joan is brave to acknowledge tehre have been adn tehre will be more crappy days, but taht will remind him of keeping strong through those days. I really don t understand your comment, you re either too young or too unsympathetic (in this case, euphemism for "dumb").

1 2 3 4  »