WSBK » Joan Lascorz speaks of accident for first time

Five months after being paralysed in an accident during World Superbike testing at Imola, Kawasaki rider Joan Lascorz has broken his silence about his injuries for the first time...

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 2:45 PM

Just to add to comments made by sloppyfngz - negative posters like @me need to understand that the comments from Joan published on Crash.Net may have been translated into English or if not, that English is not his first language - so please don't over analyse each word, it is the general message that is important.

Wishing you all the best for the future and your continuing recovery Joan.

PatrickD - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 2:56 PM

It's such a dreadful shame.
From a lifestyle that everyone here dreams of to one that we all dread, in a split second.
Regardless of the translation, it's clear that there's some bitterness in the message, which entirely justifiable. And an acknowledgement of his family's suffering, being maybe worse than his own, is a mark of a mature young man.
For what it's worth, Juan entertained me greatly, especially in his SS600 days, and I hope that he can find fulfilment in his much changed life.

JOHN - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 2:59 PM

Delighted to see the news (a bit sad to see no recent picture) and just hope he was well insured for himself. The words 'must look for financial resources to move forward' are of particular concern....No processional sportsman in this day and age should have to endure this. Goes without saying its a grim reminder of the risks and dangers irrespective of the circuit. Hope he gets all the help he NEEDS, Godspeed Joan. WSB will be poorer without you.

Jabba - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 4:06 PM

Joan, probably more than most, I know what you are going through and facing, been there and done that, except mine was T12 from a highside. Hang in there and take each day as it comes.

me - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 5:43 PM

What's wrong crash? Don't like it when some one has a different viewpoint?

You behave like a bunch if fascist how this forum (barely) is moderated.

If you don't agree with the words I'm using I suggest you look up the definition first.

I will reiterate what I said. The bitterness and words that are being used are unbecoming of a motorcycle racer. (if what JL said is lost in translation then u apologize in advance)

Yes you have been dealt a rubbish hand but no more so then the lads coming home from Afghanistan. You knew and accepted the risks.
Get over your self and get on with it.

Still wish you all the best. (would not have re-posted but the mods deleted it)

Eggy - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 6:04 PM

@me what a funt you are!
Words unbecoming of a motorcycle racer, what are you on about????
I guess when he became a racer he signed something stopping him using certain strings of words!

scooter22 - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 6:44 PM

@me
I find your insensitive posts truly dumbfounding, as someone who has lost a career through injury the sense of loss is awful, JOAN was a professional, i feel bitter that my livelihood was taken away from me through no fault of my own. i am not a motorcycle racer but a supporter and hate to see the disparinging remarks some people place about these guys, get over your self he has every right to feel short changed, he is a young man with a prospect of a difficult life ahead

rc212v - Unregistered

August 24, 2012 6:53 PM

Don't have right words to express my feelings. Just GOOD LUCK JOAN in whatever future brings you and stay strong.

Man I've just recalled how Joan did amazing sliding into the first corner at Monza... TOP CLASS

bri t

August 24, 2012 7:25 PM

Whilst on the whole it makes no odds its good to read of all the support he's had from the motorcycling world.

@me - not a registered user. Wonder why! One day something will come your way and if anyone says "You knew the risk involved" you will see it from the other side.

« 1 2 3 4  »