WSBK » Laverty ‘gave away’ podium to Biaggi

Eugene Laverty confirms he was told to hand over his podium finish to Max Biaggi in the first World Superbike race at the Moscow Raceway.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Nick636

August 27, 2012 7:54 AM

How sad... Imagine Biaggi ACTUALLY having to win a championship on his own....

Hopefully this sheds some light on Camier's experience at Aprilia...
He was judged really harshly by the public, but if they are running team orders (as most expected) and Laverty has now confirmed, then I guess there is no winning...

Rossi Lover - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 9:17 AM

Personally I think Laverty spolied the racing in both races, he was clearly much slower in the corners but had the top end down the straight, he held up Melandri in race one giving Sykes plenty of breathing space and held up 4/5 others. As for team orders the best I have ever seen was Kawasaki with Scott Russell going for the tittle at P Island and Gobert told not to win and let Russell pass, Gobert smoked everyone and the parked 2 feet from the finish line until Russell came pass, Classic

rca - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 11:31 AM

rossi lover i totally agree for me sums up the "advantage ducati has in the corners" arguement.checa was stuck behind laverty lap after lap. you know the feeling like a tractor on a country road!

looey - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 11:57 AM

@rossi lover
How did laverty ruin the racing? Its up to whoever is behind to pass if they can. What do you expect him to do, pull over because there is someone putting pressure or quicker behind him. laverty was involved in a few of the better bits of racing yesterday, with rea and sykes towards the end of race two.(ya he fell but s#it happens) and if you look at the lap times he was on the pace most of the way through the race. for the last half of race two he was closing the gap back up to melandri and sykes.
To say he ruined the racing would make me think that maybe you have some sort of grudge against him?

Rossi Lover - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 12:10 PM

Looey, not sure where you are coming from with the grudge rubbish, I like close racing and I feel that because it was a one line circuit, Laverty (who had 5 bikes lined up behind him) stopped a good race for the win. Of course riders have to pass and where did I say he should move over, I said in my opinion (I am allowed one) that Laverty was holding up other riders , which he clearly was. My point was he spoiled the racing, agree or disagree but don't react like a spoiled kid because my view differs from yours.

looey - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 1:41 PM

i know that you are allowed an opinion, and my opinion is that it is b/s that laverty spoiled/ruined the racing. where is the line drawn with such conclusions. do you look the whole way down through the field and anyone with a line of 4 to 5 bikes behind them is spoiling racing? he earned his third place on the grid by going 3rd quickest in superpole. i wouldnt blame him for slowing up the people behind him, i would blame the people behind him for not being able to pass him. it wasnt a one line circut when melandri and laverty were swaping places, or Rea and laverty,

colm - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 2:14 PM

@rossie lover + rca.
these ridiculose comments will obviously lead to people thinking you have a grudge.how many times did you see an aprilia blast past on the straight-zero.thats REALITY.Laverty had to really push hard to re-pass Melandri on the CORNER-reality.the best superbike race for years was a fourteen bike train for the lead in silverstone-by your logic the first thirteen bikes must have ruined the race-but you're intitled to your opinion of course..

Rossi Lover - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 3:21 PM

Colm + Looey, people like you are hard to debate with, you read things into posts that aren't there. Firstly no one said Laverty was at fault for his riding, secondly when Laverty re passed Melandri he messed up Melandri line, again, like hes entittled to do. Now its ridiculous to post your opinion. for the last time I was talking about racing for the win. Laverty was holding people up not racing with, in race one there was only one line. the commentators agree with me as do Haslam but dont lets facts alter youur opinion.