WSBK » McCormick savours WSBK breakthrough

An inspired Brett McCormick brings some joy to the embattled Effenbert Liberty Ducati team as he cracks the top five for the first time at Portimao.

Scoe - Unregistered

September 25, 2012 9:38 PM

It was great to see Brett dice it up with Checa in race one in those conditions...last time he was outside of him it was a bad day indeed. The kid has loads of tallent, I'd love to see him get a shot next year. Full credit for coming back from serious injury.

JS99 - Unregistered

September 25, 2012 11:38 PM

Great couple of rides and his job is secure you have to realise at the start of the season Berger was bringing the money to the team which helped fund guintoli's and smrz's rides then mccormick arrives bringing plenty of money guintoli had a big fall out and was sacked/walked then the money started to dry bye bye smrz, Berger's money ran out guess what bye bye, so that left Brett who will at least see out the season and will most probably have the money to secure a ride next year hopefully not with liberty I hope they are long gone a team at this level should have took the money being bought in and budgeted for the year not just 6 races and then start sacking coz you have wasted it all

TLRJohnny - Unregistered

September 26, 2012 4:14 AM

I flew from Canada to Portimao to watch that race weekend (my first WSBK race) and what a cracker to catch!! I had the 6 or 7 Brits who were sitting beside me in the main grandstand fully informed and cheering for our rising star. The best moment was when he re-passed Johnny Rea 3 corners from the end and outdragged him to the line for 5th in race 1! The Brits and I were on our feet screaming our lungs out!! Frickin epic weekend!

Greefer

September 26, 2012 3:02 PM

Brett did an amazing job.

While I was ticked that I had to wait until Tuesday to watch this on Speed i love the SBK commentators as they seem to really like Brett and talk about him a lot. Awesome races, loved watching both and yes .. running Checa off the track as payback, crossed my mind a few times :)

Canadian Fan of Brett - Unregistered

September 26, 2012 5:38 PM

As a Canadian who follows WSBK and MotoGp each and every race from a country that does not have a huge following for any motor sports I am extremely excited that Brett is in WSBK and doing well! To come back from that kind of injury and do so well is amazing!! Proud of you Brett, can't wait for the next race.

Paul Chapelle - Unregistered

September 30, 2012 11:51 PM

Brett McCormick is one of those riders that you just love to cheer for. He is an open and pleasant person. His talent is deep and he brings such a positive attitude. I think he will become a desireable rider for nearly every team in WSB.

« 1 2