WSBK » Sykes: We overachieved on expectations… by far!

Tom Sykes refuses to be too downcast about missing out on the 2012 World Superbike Championship by a mere half point, insisting both he and Kawasaki have exceeded their loftiest expectations.

Mikeyy - Unregistered

October 07, 2012 9:26 PM

If its true that he is'nt downbeat by the result then thats good best thing for him and the team is to keep the positive attitude and carry it through to next year and take the title.

Only thing stopping him is the pace of BMW, Honda and Aprilia next year. Im already nervous for whats to come in 2013.

rogerio.alves@gmail.com - Unregistered

October 07, 2012 9:27 PM

Good on you, Tom. He truly shone in the final curtain of the championship and the title wouldn't be undeserved at all. I confess I didn't expect him to be so strong but he did come strong and next year he will be stronger... Be proud, Tom!

Mats - Unregistered

October 07, 2012 9:49 PM

Coming second point five points behind the winner after 28 races Is a hard one to take. But he now knows what it takes to win a world championship. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

He has a good team and a solid groundwork in place for a sucessfull next season. Spend it well because the one who is willing to do what it takes, will win in the end.

Boo - Unregistered

October 07, 2012 9:53 PM

@Magoo-sp1

Badovini clipped Sykes on the final lap at Motorland Aragon when going for a move that wasn't really on. Sykes crashed out of third place as a result... 16 very precious points down the dunny!

limbus - Unregistered

October 07, 2012 9:59 PM

I am huge Kawasaki fan and all I can say is that Kawasaki and Tom made a result that I thought it was not possible at the beginning of the season. Tom showed that he is probably the best rider out there when the pressure is on (P.I., Imola, Brno, Magny Cours..). But lots of points spilled ower that Showa (maybe) wich I think it was ultimately pivotal, not Badovini or broken hose.
I just hope that this 0.5 points want stay for long in Tom s head and that the next season will have better result for Kawa and Tom.

Shrieker

October 07, 2012 10:26 PM

Badovini didn't exactly 'clip' Sykes at Aragon. He wiped him out (and himself) proper. I'm amazed to hear he never apologised... It cost Sykes the title and I think I've been bitching about it as much as Tom has since it happened...

Vilas

October 07, 2012 11:01 PM

Thats right Tom be happy m8 because you where amyzing this year and for me the best rider of 2012..!! Now you only have to worck for the future.. Keep cool Champion=) Go Kawasaki

Dave - Unregistered

October 07, 2012 11:17 PM

Wow, I didn't realise quite what had happened to Joan Lascorz. That is very sad. I obviously missed the announcement but all I knew was he had been injured earlier this year. I remember him being very strong in World Supersport for a few years- it's such a shame it's the end of his racing career.

1 2 3 4  »