WSBK » Biaggi: No decision about 2013 yet

Double World Superbike Champion Max Biaggi says he hasn't decided whether he will return in 2013 or whether he has already competed in his final race...

Marc - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 4:08 PM

Surprsed a bit on all the Biaggi hate out there. Granted he was a bit abbraisive during his later Motogp days but has really toned it down during his WSB time. The haters saying he was lucky, actually unlucky if you consider some of his crashes especially during his second to last race. Too old, that's just silly he's still producing. And in term of Aprilia cheating that's just nonsense they're producing bikes that meet the rules and I don't beleive they're producing the most power hence they're not cheating. Whether you like him or not he deserves respect.

Ben1

October 11, 2012 4:13 PM

I thought he had a contract for next year. He's a basic part of WSB now, it would be very strange to see races without him. And even he's 41 years old, he is still as good as the bests in the field.

Gaz - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 4:27 PM

I have been a BIG Max fan since 1994, after the death of my hero Ayrton Senna.

It has been a pleasure and a pain watching Max and some of the grief I have received (mainly from Rossi fans) is beyond belief!

However, that aside....I personally would like to thank Max for being an absolute star, for standing up for himself and for being different!

I think its time for Max to retire and enjoy his lovely family as being a father myself, I know how special children are. So focus on them Max and enjoy family life, you have earnt it!

Whatever you decide to do Max, THANK YOU! Especially for being such a gentleman when my ex wife and I visited you in Bologna in 2004.

Marc - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 4:41 PM

Gaz when Biaggi was in Motogp I wasn't a big fan because I was and still am a Rossi fan. Not because he was competing against the rider I liked but because of his antics. But I fealt sorry that he got banned from MotoGP because I thought he should have stayed as he was a good competitor. When he went to WSB his attitude and antics changed and made him more likeable. His obvious skill, desire and perseverance and attitude change has won me over. He's fought well and deserves his championships.

pcxmac - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 6:13 PM

Eugene would be a fine replacement for Max should the team get behind him and Max retire. The bike has issues that Eugene seems to be able to over come, all hes lacking is the full backing of the team. That said, the RSv4 is not the best bike on the grid, so its not like hes going to be able to repeat what Max did.

Urco - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 7:21 PM

Max should continue. Only due to the weather conditions in 5 of the last 6 races the others had a chance to claw back points. We all know Max is not great in mixed weather conditions.

brendan - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 9:04 PM

its pathetic some of the things said against max. the eurosport commentators are unprofessional, esp jack, jamie is ok. they like to be the riders friends and their commentary reflects that. Thats not their job, their job is to be unbiased. Why would max want to buddy up with them? he is their to do his own. one he has done very well! But as many wont think for their selves and follow what ever they are told

he always come across very respectful, honest and pretty cheery in interviews. im sure he is very determined behind closed doors. arent they all. Foggy never smiled on camera let alone behind it

as for antics, well im not going to throw mud but ive not known max to some of the things a few other recent multiple champions have done.

As for being lucky, tho sykes did an amazing job all season. lets not forget he got points when he was in the fence about 5laps from the end in silverstone. which he should never of got, if you factor in those points gained and taken away from max w

brendan - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 9:05 PM

who was placed behind him then the title would of been over after race one. I tweeted why skyes and co got points and why laverty lost the podium. whitham said 'no one knows'.

As for max in 2013, do whats best for him. personally id like to se him go out on top. esp as laverty is getting to gribs with the aprillia something no one else has done other than biaggi.

Highlander - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 9:19 PM

Contrary to some posts on here, I believe Biaggi is giving Aprilia and the team some time to revel in the celebration of winning the championship,rather than overshadowing that with the announcement of what is already a done deal, i.e. the fact that he will retire this year as champion.

pcxmac - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 9:42 PM

Jack & James work for BRITISH eurosports, they cover BSB and WSBK, I dont have a problem with 80% of what they say when it might be some what offensive, but they do cross the line sometimes. For me they are the best duo in motorcycle commentary, for better or worse. Havent seen toby and jules for a while, maybe Toby has toned down his fanboy orgasims, maybe not, maybe Spalders is calling it more real, anyways, just had to chime in there.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »