WSBK » POLL: Should Biaggi defend title or retire?

To submit your vote, CLICK HERE

me - Unregistered

October 12, 2012 9:58 AM

It's a bit of a pointless question since no one knows what he's thinking.
If he's still enjoying it then he should probably continue. However if his legacy/reputation is more important to him then he should retire as champion.

you - Unregistered

October 12, 2012 10:43 AM

When Biaggi won his first WSBK title at 39, i seriously thought he should retire on a high.

He had and erratic 2011 campaign and yet proved us wrong this year. In comparison, though Max won by 0.5 points, he rode with less unforced errors compared to 2011.

If Max can continue this momentum, he'll still be a genuine contender in 2013. Definitely one of the greatest racers in modern racing history.

Gaz - Unregistered

October 12, 2012 10:51 AM

As a lifelong Max fan, personally I would like to see him retire on a high for two reasons:-

1. I would hate to see him get injured or worse
2. Enjoy your family!

If he does retire, I will miss him dearly but all good things must come to and end and I would hate to see him bow out on a low if he had a bad year in 2013.

Whatever you decided Max, I will be right behind you as one of your biggest fans.

Corsaro Forever. #3

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

October 12, 2012 11:30 AM

He is a fantastic rider with a great legacy. I and many others have seen great riding from him from his early 250 days right up till today.

However bike racing is dangerous and the longer you keep racing the more chance there is of serious injury. That is why I would be happy to see him retire. I would also be happy to see John McGuiness and Valentino Rossi retire. All great riders who have brought something special to the sport and have nothing left to prove.

If Biaggi keeps going, it wont be for the money, it will be because he wants to - only he and his family can decide when it is time to stop.

trr - Unregistered

October 12, 2012 12:15 PM

I voted for retirement but not because I dont like him, actually I support him after Sykes, I just think there will be only a downway from here. Lets be honest, he is still better than any of his teammates so far but the last races showed that it will not be that way too long. There is absolutely no shame finishing 3-5th in 2013 but finishing a great carrier like Bayliss (although he retired min. 1 season too soon), on top is very special.
However I believe he will be back for 2013 because simply Aprilia do not have anybody comparable to him. Yes, I saw the latest rumors that Aprilia is trying to get Camier, Guintoli etc but make no mistake it is only because financial reasons (or maybe Biaggi already told them that he will be off, so I am wrong). Yes, Laverty was better in the last races but still missing something on the long run, I hope he only needed some time to get used to the Motogp-like RSV4. If I would be Aprilia, I would try to get one of the possible BSB/AMA champions. Byrn

trr - Unregistered

October 12, 2012 12:16 PM

cont: Byrne, Hill or Hayes...they know how to put a championship together but would they click with the bike?! Test, test, test!!!
Anyhow, I believe Aprilia/Piaggio will swallow, pay and Max will be back for 2013 and he will help developing the new bike from 2014.

Jules W.

October 12, 2012 12:58 PM

@trr I think Shakey had his chances, although I rate Shakey highly, he's just not suitable I guess to compete at world level, a different atmosphere and a whole lot more pressure.
Now, Tommy Hill, that would be interesting. He should get a shot.

p.s. Max should retire, there's nothing more special than retiring on a high.

trr - Unregistered

October 12, 2012 1:11 PM

@Jules: About Shakey I am definitely unsure, he was always fastest at preseason tests and always fast in BSB, on totally different bikes. Now he could take the BSB-title on a Kwak so he has to be fast and reliable. :) But I would probably take Hill as well as he is the same caliber and way faster than Haga on the same bike, as far as I know he would ride a CRT next season. I am just wondering why Josh Hayes do not get a chance on world stage as well, the more the merrier. :)

1 2 3 4 5  »