WSBK » Eurosport renews World Superbike TV deal

The World Superbike Championship will continue to be shown on Eurosport for 2013, 2014 and 2015.

PatrickD

October 29, 2012 1:07 PM

Whilst Eurosport do a good job with the racing coverage, I won't give sky a penny if I can help it.
There seem to be regular comments here that the Eurosport player doesn't provide reliable service. Is that most people's experience of the player?

jimmy - Unregistered

October 29, 2012 1:17 PM

PatrickD: For me, Eurosport Player works well for, let's say, 95% of the time. And even those 5% are probably problems on my side (internet connection etc..). No big issues, really. The quality could be a bit better though, but it's definitely watchable.

Stephen - Unregistered

October 29, 2012 2:10 PM

Hehe great to know we'll enjoy Whitham and Burnicle's enthusiasm for 3 more year :)
I could watch the races on Eurosport France but I always prefer watching them on Eurosport UK just because of those 2 guys. They're dynamic, knowledgeable and fun.

George - Unregistered

October 29, 2012 2:38 PM

Eurosport player this year has been awful. Never loads at the start of a race and crashes everytime you press the icon to move to a full screen. Not to mention Ive signed up 3 times for a 12 month subscription.

I miss the days of WSB being broadcast online for free.

borat - Unregistered

October 29, 2012 2:38 PM

Hey Patrick, chill out mate, life's too short and watching quality bike coverage is more important than taking stances against peeps like Murdoch.
MotoGP, WSB, BSB bring it on!!

Liam48

October 29, 2012 2:59 PM

FANTASTIC! Give me another three season of the brilliant and entertaining commentary duo of Jack & Jamie including BSB.

I'm just glad BBC didn't get given the rights.

I now hope Eurosport can snatch back the MotoGP, I'd much rather listen to Toby Moody & Julian Ryder than Steven Parish & Charlie Cox on BBC.

At least Dorna won't take Eurosport away from WSBK for at least 3 seasons.

Stevie T

October 29, 2012 3:19 PM

Well Eurosport player was not that reliable last year, but it was better this year. And as this was the only BSkyB delivered channel I watched it made more sense to pay 2.99 a month (internet) rather than close to 30 quid a month.

Don't think that the BBC would have been interested in it anyway. Well you can listen to Toby and Julian, just don't watch BBC and watch the re-run on Eurosport?!

1 2 3  »