WSBK » Max Biaggi announces retirement

Newly crowned double World Superbike champion Max Biaggi announces retirement.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Parkoni - Unregistered

November 07, 2012 11:24 AM

The quintessential stylist and a rider on whom the current MotoGP world champion has based his own classy and economical method.
I make no apologies for having been an enormous fan and the WSBK paddock will doubtless be a poorer place for his absence (as a rider).
On the cusp of greatness, the only disappointment being the lack of 500cc/MotoGP title albeit 3 runner up positions suggests undoubted quality.
I sincerely hope he cherishes his retirement and memories of a great career in the years ahead.
I shall miss him hugely.

George - Unregistered

November 07, 2012 11:28 AM

One thing about Max is that while he was generally considered an a#se in Motogp, in WSB he was really chilled, friendly and generally fitted in with the more relaxed atmosphere. The way he spoke and acted, you saw a really mature, happy guy. A likeable guy. Perhaps thats why he was so devastating on track at times. Maturity helps. Like with corser (98, the wasted FP1 and BMW years), I feel with slightly different circumstances this guy could of had another title (2011) or two.

Leigh - Unregistered

November 07, 2012 12:02 PM

Great loss to the series, but a fitting way to go out. True legend of 2 wheels. Bit of a bad guy reputation coming from Motogp but has been a diamond for WSBK since he joined in 2007. All the best Max

Greg - Unregistered

November 07, 2012 12:05 PM

"I'm calm because it was a deliberate choice and not forced. I have not been forced to leave: I decided to give space to another rider," said Biaggi.

"My family has been important in the decision. I realized how many hours have I stolen from my children and my companion.It's time to give space to them."

Would have loved you to have won the 500 crown. You did deserve to !
Thanks for the memories Max.

Tetley

November 07, 2012 12:16 PM

Now we know what he said in Parc Ferme to bring tears to his wife's eyes when he sewed up the 2012 championship.
With retirement I think we will see a new side to Max, more relaxed, less intense, altogether more pleasant and charming.
But I bet he'll still make headlines with his comments.
Thanks, Max, for the thrills and excitement. There won't be another like you.

Liam48

November 07, 2012 12:18 PM

I was never a fan of his since I watched him from the start of 2001, I was a Rossi fan.

No one can deny he was a legend and he had a great career. Now everyone that was lucky enough to watch him battle Rossi (like myself) should cherish those memories.

Enjoy your retirement Max. That's how every champion should go out, as champion!

LanceTheHooliganAlbon

November 07, 2012 12:42 PM

Not my favorite personality but he has definitely added to the sport. I have enjoyed watching him battle with the youngsters as well because at his age in his 40's, other riders would have used that as an excuse. Definitely a legend with or without all the controversies. It would be great if he could run a team or be involved because he no doubt has huge talent and experience :)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »