WSBK » Red-hot Laverty 'all set' for new season

'Honestly I didn't expect to go so fast but we made great progress with the front of the bike allowing me to push it more than ever' - Eugene Laverty

Dannyboy - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 5:28 PM

2nd that Mahindra. He's GP bound sooner or later. Probably have a permanent gp ride before Johnny knowing how honda screws thair loyal riders over all the time.

me - Unregistered

November 30, 2012 8:23 AM

I respect all these guys, but come on this guy is seriously overrated. He lucked into a double at Monza a year or so ago and has been no where since. Waste of a good ride in my opinion.

looey - Unregistered

November 30, 2012 10:38 AM

@me
I would strongly disagree with your opinion that he is overrated! Do you think that he also lucked the double on the yamaha in his first season on a wsbk? And lucked eight wins at world supersport level. He outscored the current world champion for the second half of the season just ended. Unusual timing too to call him overrated and waste of a good ride a couple of days after he sets an unoffical Superbike lap record! what was it, some where near .4 off the moto gp lap record?

Damien IE - Unregistered

November 30, 2012 1:37 PM

@me

rewing to when he was in 250GP's on underpowered funded bike
look what he did in world supersport
look what he did 1st year in WSBK on R1
1st half of the year on the RSV-4 was hampered by well publicised software issues that got resolved and how he finished off the year
if you looked at him on a bike you could not say anything other than quality, the guy has talent and hopefully he'll shine as Aprilia's No1 has retired

Name any of Max's teammates that shone when he stole all the limelight

mrreferee

December 01, 2012 2:27 AM

@me
Let me remind you of some results.
FACT - WSS stats (over '09 & '10 season) = 12 wins with a total 19 podiums
- SBK stats (over '11 & '12 season) = 3 wins with a total 12 podiums.
I wont go back into the 250 days, suffice to say that the Blusens team provided a bike that had a 7 year old chasis and a brake system that was 5 years old - hardly competitive in that class yet points (altho few)did come.

Put your 8alls on the line and back up your comment! maybe you don't like Norge - that's fine but to say he is overrated --- I'd kindly ask you to take your hand off it!! Let's have some facts and back up your comment.

kieran - Unregistered

December 02, 2012 10:43 AM

Anyone who can say laverty is overrated does not know what they are taking about ,He will prove next year how good he is so @me just watch and see why what you said is a load of crap get your facts right before you start to type