WSBK » Althea confirms Aprilia, Giugliano

“Davide Giugliano is our secret weapon. He is a young and aggressive rider who has amazing talent and together with him we will fight for success in the 2013 SBK championship standings” - Genesio Bevilacqua.

Nick636

December 04, 2012 8:47 AM

Think he might just need to smoothen his style a little.

I love how aggressive he is, he really THROWS the bike around, but I fear that might land him in trouble on the Prilla which is known to be iffy.

If they give him the power though, I feel he will be strong.

alol - Unregistered

December 04, 2012 9:37 AM

Will be interesting to see what the old hair dye team manager says if now that Ducati have "managed" to obtain weight parity and the Panigale suddenly starts cleaning up. He didn't waste much time in the past sledging the fours and in particular the Aprilia when the 1098 wasn't winning did he?

Ben1

December 04, 2012 10:20 AM

It will be interesting to watch, but again only one rider for Althea instead of the two last year, next year's entry list still very scant. It's only about 15, and we can only trust in new teams joining. Everyone from last year (expect Liberty I guess, but I don't have too much faith in them)comfirmed their plans.

pp916 - Unregistered

December 04, 2012 11:44 AM

He's a big guy, be interesting to see if his size, riding style and 'exuberance' are compatible with the Aprilia....I suspect he's going to have to tidy it up a fair bit to get the best out of the ride.

Gaz - Unregistered

December 04, 2012 1:19 PM

I think that Checa and Badovini are going to be kicking themselves seeing both Guiugliano and Fabrizio getting RSV4's as I think that the 1198 is going to be a right flop!

liebig - Unregistered

December 04, 2012 2:50 PM

4 top riders on last years winner. Aprilia will be a force to be reckoned with in 2013 and I wouldn't be surprised if Laverty walks away with the title.

The Grinner may have other ideas though.

Being a Ducatista myself, I fear for next season...

1 2 3  »