WSBK » Davies seeking home boost after BMW blow

Chaz Davies vows to maintain his focus to the end of the season following BMW's announcement of withdrawal from the World Superbike Championship.

pcxmac

July 30, 2013 4:29 PM

Chaz or Marco would be a good fit for the R1 I would have to think... media seems to be behind Lowes though, but I could definitely see Davies working the bike more like a Ben Spies. Should be interesting to see who gets the seat at Yamaha. Need four good R1's on the grid, wonder if Dosoli will go back to Yamaha?

moto4moto4

July 31, 2013 4:58 AM

Why does BMW pulling it's factory support mean that Davies (yay!) and Melandri (boo) lose their rides? Many teams manage without factory backing and, particularly in the new era of WSB, Feel racing (or whatever their name is now) should be perfectly able to carry on, surely? They survived post Ducati after all.

V4Poweeeer

July 31, 2013 9:21 AM

@moto4moto4
Melandri and Davies are signed to BMW factory and not on a seperate contract with feel racing.
Feel racing, Marco, and Chaz are in the same boat at the moment. Feel with have to see if it can keep its Goldbet sponsorship and then arrange its racing effort accordingly and whether or not they can keep Marco or Chaz will depend on the highest bidders with the most competitive rides

TalentFan

July 31, 2013 2:27 PM

Now Dorna are running WSBK, maybe BMW have smelled the Saki and have got out while the goings good.

Once Dorna have manipulated the rules to the same sort of nonsense MotoGP has, then it can only be a matter of time before a Honda Fireblade is the best bike in WSBK.

I know its not NOW, but once the limited engines and so on creep in, so Aprilia, BMW, Kawasaki etc. then have to turn down their engines. Meanwhile HRC electronics get maximised on the 'Blade and (surprise!) Honda have THE bike to be on in WSBK.

Get signed up by Ten Kate for 2014 Chas! The series will be rigged of course, but at least you'll have a competitive bike! Cynical? ME?

V4Poweeeer

August 02, 2013 4:31 AM

Talentfan for an old dog the blade is doing rather well I'd say thanks to Johnny Rea and those new hrc electronics that are improving with each round (I'd like to think its Rea keeping the bike up there at the moment.
However I can see Chaz signing with Yachknich (however its spelt) or PTR as both teams are looking to move up next year.
Either way I fear what the engine limit will be, logic would say 10-15 per season somewhere in line with GP hopefully fingers and toes crossed we get some sensible BSB evo style engine rules.

moto4moto4

August 02, 2013 12:01 PM

I don't see why the team could not continue next year even without BMW support.

They are a talented, professional outfit with a staff whom have successful histories in other guises.

If they cannot due to the bike 'needing' factory support then there is an underlying problem we've yet to hear about.

Otherwise, although perhaps they wont be able to afford the wages BMW can but I'd like to see them continue.

moto4moto4

August 02, 2013 2:53 PM

Cheers V4. My point was really everything I've read is about the factory pulling out therefore the team folds but didn't know rider contracts were to BMW not Feel. I think the team can survive though I would've thought Feel could never pay anywhere near BMW.

Talent fan- you are dreaming. The very first thing that will disappear from WSB will be HRC (et al) electronics. Spec ECU without doubt.

Also, don't underestimate Leon Haslam. I think he's on more or less the same level as Rea.

Is Yannich any relation to the Parkin Go team that ran the R6 or do they simply have their bikes? Either way, I suspect Chaz is a likely bet on a Yamaha. I think Aprilia could do worse than getting shot of too inconsistent Laverty for Chaz (he did win before Eugene after all AND on much lesser machinery. Alternatively, maybe they'll have a second factory team with Chaz and Nicky Hayden.

tomcol

August 02, 2013 4:07 PM

Im sure Chaz will get a decent ride and he certainly deserves one. Same for Melandri. They are both in the top 10 wsbk riders in my opinion and theres currently no really dominant bike out there. Several teams and manufacturers are capable of winning. Thats what makes it so much more interesting than Moto GP.