WSBK » Guintoli: I need better results to win title

Sylvain Guintoli says he is willing to go through pain to fight for the wins he feels he needs to win the 2013 World Superbike Championship title.

JimmyTheRealOne

September 25, 2013 4:50 PM

voiceofreason2013: There is nothing like 'back door'. Winning a title means you're the best across all season. Consistency is a part of racing. I think Alzamora's 1999 125cc title without a single win was a remarkable achievement.

The one who uses backdoor this year is Tom Sykes, who cut the chicane at Monza, overtook Guinters and wasn't punished for it. If he wins title by less than 3 points over Guinters, it's gonna be a very fishy victory.

shamarone

September 26, 2013 5:17 AM

re: "I need better results to win"

and if you don't...? your season can still be considered a success. if you recall, the whole point of all this wasn't to win a championship, so much as it was to show 2 fingers to EFFENBERT. mission accomplished. effenbert liberty, you remember them don't ya...?

Tetley

September 26, 2013 11:08 AM

"Guintoli: I need better results to win title"
No Merde, Poireau !
On the other hand, if Sykes' run of poor set-up issues continues, then we may see the other front runners who have lacked consistency taking points away from each other. This could keep Sylvain in the running for the trophy, despite the handicap of his injured shoulder.
Either way, Gigi D'Alligna should be thankful that he eventually made the right choice and signed Sylvain.

TalentFan

September 26, 2013 11:54 AM

I think it might be the last and best.

Have you SEEN the mess the rules are going to be next year? Dorna have top teams bailing and a mess which is making privateers wary of entering despite the 'CRT-esque' corruption of EVO and Full-Fat bikes to try and cut costs. Except limiting engines doesn't actually cut costs of course, but escalate them.

WSBK in 2014 is looking like it might be a horrible mish-mash and uncoordinated shambles with less spectator interest than a club meeting.

In pure racing terms, WSBK & MotoGP are in crisis - deep, deep sh1t.

Why is it only BSB is thriving? Cos its rules focus on keeping costs down and focussing on the RACING.

TalentFan

September 26, 2013 12:00 PM

I fear that the BT Sport thing will keep me away from MotoGP, but its maybe just as well cos seeing it turned into a soap-opera just winds me up.

Its looking to be similarly painful to watch WSBK dying before my eyes in 2014.

My hopes for televised bike racing rest with BSB for circuits, and the TT for Roads. For a pure contest maybe I need to start paying a lot more attention to Speedway as well.

International circuit racing seems to be a wounded animal waiting to be put out of its misery.

Appreciate and make the most of WSBK 2013 folks, you may never see its like again.

shamarone

September 27, 2013 5:27 AM

re: "I think Guinters and all the lads in with a shout should really, REALLY put everything into winning this years WSBK championship."

stand down, this is Kawasaki's 15 mins.