WSBK » Mixed debut for Ducati rider Pirro

'Considering it was all new for me this weekend and considering the difficult weather conditions, I can say that I've learned a lot - even if I hoped to do better in the races' - Michele Pirro

Ben1

October 07, 2013 2:09 PM

His test duties include riding the SBK Ducati too or only the GP bike?

His first race was great, making a bad start then improving positions. He was good in the battles and beat his team-mate. Race two was another bad start, but I think the outcome would have been the same if he didn't crash.

voiceofreason2013

October 07, 2013 4:21 PM

Seems Ducati have been making improvements over the pat few rounds, it seems to be as well after they drafted in Canepa and Pirro.

I hope its a change in the bike rather than the absence of Checa

good to see them mixing with the chasing group anyway with the Aprilias and Suzukis, good winter of testing and hopefully a good challenge next year!

MotoMarc

October 07, 2013 4:22 PM

I don't know for sure but I think his testing duties are just for the the Motogp bike. I'm sure with more time on the Panigale he'd probably improve but that bike just like it's big brother have proved to not be competitive.

Vilas46

October 07, 2013 5:29 PM

Its very strange to wach Ducati having this bad time.. I was one of the dudes that was saying that every time Ducati lunch one new bike they would win the Champ, but this time aim wrong, maybe the Chassi really bring problems even to one Vtwin Layout that is not so Powerfull has one V4.. Also if people think that was Tyres problems in motogp it loocks like the Pirelli are not worcking to.. Its even more strange because the rider responsible for the development was Troy Bayliss the MR Vtwin one King riding this type of bikes.. In Ducati standarts creating one short stroke engine is not new, the 999r was also know has one engine with Extreme Bore Vs Stroke numbers.. So if Troy Bayliss give the Green light when was asked about the new bike performance, if this Ducati is faster then the 1198 why the corrente riders are not happy.. is normal that every manufacter that lunch one new bike at least take one year to learn and then the next year they are more competitive like was with Aprilia

Vilas46

October 07, 2013 5:29 PM

is normal that every manufacter that lunch one new bike at least take one year to learn and then the next year they are more competitive like was with Aprilia and kawasaki , lets see if Ducati will recover for next year or if will be like Motogp the start of a Dark age..

shamarone

October 08, 2013 1:55 PM

re: "I was one of the dudes that was saying that every time Ducati lunch one new bike they would win the Champ, but this time aim wrong"

no worries, to offset the tendency of people on the internet embracing and then "parroting" bad information, I was the one of few dudes saying this time out would be DIFFERENT, and I was right.

MotoMarc

October 10, 2013 6:16 PM

To be fair Carlos has been dealing with an injury a good part of the season and have been going in circles trying to make the bike work. Unfortunately it hasn't worked yet. So Piro jumping in and doing okay may be more a result of things they've been trying to staighten out with Checa. If Piro wins a race I'll retract my statement.