WSBK » Rookie Lowes signs off on top at Portimao

'We did a long run today and while the times were good, the most important thing was that it gave me a lot of confidence' - Alex Lowes

Joeski

January 20, 2014 10:26 PM

This is promising from the rookie but we also know that right now is about set up work/ technical solutions and not outright fastest laps.

I feel we will start to see hands shown in Phillip Island at end of the test as they will want to show up for the race weekend testing completed and focusing on outright speed/lap times and race readiness.

WinItOrBinIt

January 21, 2014 1:22 AM

Lowes looks the real deal, lightning fast already on tracks he ain't even seen before. Makes one wonder why Honda moved so soon to lock up Rea & Haslam again after mediocre seasons when Lowes is obviously coming up and the next big thing after winning the BSB title on the Samsung Honda. He's already setting the pace, Honda should've locked him up long term for sure.

ProfessorX

January 21, 2014 1:59 AM

I dunno, Laverty was almost over a second and a half faster in superpole last year, should be interesting to see how they progress, since they were almost no where last year, I can't see them making any huge breaks on race pace unless Lowes is bringing a ton of money. Laverty wasn't really a pole setter last year either, so take what you see with a grain of salt. Personally I think Suzuki are just going for all out pace, and want to entice the sponsors a bit.

JedPB67

January 21, 2014 6:49 AM

I like Eugene and Alex, but I wouldn't take too much from these test times. In 2009 Shane Byrne was untouchable around Portimao in pre season, but when it came to season end he only had 1 podium to his name.

I'm not taking anything away from what these 2 have done with the Suzuki because it's outstanding riding, but this is only testing, hopefully this form will continue into Phillip Island and beyond =)

Nick636

January 21, 2014 9:03 AM

I'm with you guys. But i think Laverty can make most bikes look better than they are in a race. If Alex takes to the series the way he seems to be, and the bike's improved, and he has the same affinity for dominating as his brother, Suzuki could well look better.

I still feel for Camier though. I think he got a raw deal on a bike that was not that good.

Anyway, bygones.

chrissb6

January 21, 2014 9:12 AM

There's nothing wrong with the riders, lets just hope Suzuki keep there end of the deal. I'm feeling quite positive now that the factory are now working on a cross the frame 4 for its moto gp return

BooBoo123

January 21, 2014 9:33 AM

I have a feeling this may have something to do with the fact Suzuki were testing at Almeria last week, whereas the other teams had lost two days of running due to rain when Suzuki arrived, so they started on a stronger setting.

Not to take anything away from them though, I think they will both be up there regardless anyway.

Darkwaknight

January 21, 2014 9:45 AM

This Kid is real fast and a Real Talent...Early days yet but IF he can challenge for the WC this year he has to get a go with the Suzuki GP bike in 2015??

Only 4 weeks now till the seasons starts.....Exciting as I can then look to get my bike out for the year about 4 weeks later.....Roll on Race 1 :-)

1 2 3  »