WSBK » Fault-free races as EBR makes WSBK debut

Erik Buell Racing successfully completes its first WSBK races with Aaron Yates after Geoff May was ruled out through injury.

Vilas46

February 25, 2014 12:40 PM

I really hope they can improve, 4sure Top speed is still a lot down and we can t forget that its one Vtwin engine, so its the hard way of trying to make Power... Anyway aim loocking foward to wach EBR becoming a top brand in the Wsbk, if that happen will be very nice since KTM dont hav e the Balls to put the RC8 in there fightingh, ai so desapointed with KTM they prefer to build bike for Kids in Motogp in orther to dont find big rivals... At least EBR guys show there face even when thinghs dont loock that good..

bigmart

February 25, 2014 1:05 PM

yeah good luck to them.
they have had the balls to turn up and do their development in front of everybody.....and they have stuck with their own 'eccentric' or 'novel' designs rather than just go with the status quo (rim brakes etc).

if they can get near the top 10 every weekend you would have to say they have done very well.

shamarone

February 25, 2014 4:00 PM

re: "We found something in the warm up session which has helped us massively."

down on Phil's Isle, the locals call this a TAIL WIND.

re: "For team manager Bardi...he admits there is much development to be done on the bike for it to be competitive."

re: "One particular area of concern for EBR, however, is top speed, with May's best of 287kmp/h over the race weekend well down on the overall best of 320kmp/h"

ok ok, quite hassling me. i'm workin' on it. i can't sort things in 90 seconds. got 2 CAD seats running, one handling the solid model, other dedicated to FEA. i'm pass the firewalls and skynet's fully operational. server's crunching the numbers at 60 teraflops.

Speed3

February 25, 2014 4:45 PM

Vilas46
Whilst I wish EBR every success in their new venture, I think you will wait a very long time to see them being a top brand in WSB. Slagging off KTM is unnecessary, they are one of the most successful manufacturers in completive machinery (off and on road), the RC8 was never built to compete in WSB and if you think Moto3 is for kids, they are very brave and talented “kids”!!! The Ducati is a V twin and for many years have been very successful in WSB and judging from their recent performance look like they will be close to front this season. Good luck to EBR and I hope they find the massive improvements they are looking for and need to compete :o)

cfsteezy

February 25, 2014 5:03 PM

I wish I was an engineer with tons of time and money cuz I would help these guys out for free. Even if it was just sweeping the floors. I love this team and wish the best for them. Its a great story unfolding I and my eyes are glued to it.

Buelliful .

February 25, 2014 9:14 PM

Whilst it's OK to have a "Fault free" weekend when you are 3.5-4 secs a lap slow, the problems start when you begin to get to 1 second behind.
Aragon is a FAST track with a HUGE back straight where their 33 kmh (Almost 20 mph) deficit is going to show up a lot more.
Clearly this bike needs an injection of power but I have no idea where you would find 20 mph out of that engine.
I wish them well in their search!

WhatIf

February 26, 2014 1:51 AM

I want to like EBR. Its nice to see a guy with a dream, build a bike and take it racing. Now, its completely uncompetitive and the riders are past their prime, but Erick Buell is living his dream and for that, I congratulate him.
If I am going to knock him though, I would say, "Why, when you had shaken the shackles of HD's crap twins, did you choose to build that motor when you had a clean sheet of paper?!?!?" cont.

1 2  »