WSBK » WSBK Imola - Race results (2)

Full race results (2) for the fourth round of the 2014 World Superbike Championship (WSBK) at Imola, Italy.

V4Poweeeer

May 11, 2014 12:57 PM

Another dominant win by Rea...

They've definitely found some form at the moment.

Go Rea, bring on Donington!!!!

Edit: Not to forget Camier either that boy needs something permanent for the season.

TalentFan

May 11, 2014 1:43 PM

Have to agree with V4.

Rea is a class act and deserving.

I said last season though that The Dorna rule changes where engine limits on one hand, but open electronics on the superbikes would (surprise!) benefit Honda while reining in the likes of Aprilia.

As the 2 Pata bikes are showing clearly... get the HRC electronics dialled in and the bike is mega- Rea was so far jn front you could hear his TC working hard while he kept it pinned on a battered rear tyre. Meanwhile in Race 1 esp you could see Haslam having a mare with electronics issues.
WSBK is streets ahead of MotoGP as a series for anylne wanting tl actually see some rackng competition, but Im hoping itll be so much better if they get the all EVO rules right in 2015.

If Dorna (with their awful track record???) DlO get the EVO rules right....... then it'll really show up MotoGP as rubbish.

Bradenws

May 11, 2014 2:03 PM

I've been told for years how great, underrated, and under-supplied Leon Haslam is, and he just can't ever catch a break. I'm progressively getting more and more skeptical of this kind of talk, especially when his teammate doubles up on a bike generally considered uncompetitive. I know posting this earlier will make me just look like a hater, but I find my point is more evident after this race.

V4Poweeeer

May 11, 2014 2:16 PM

"open electronics on the superbikes would (surprise!) benefit Honda while reining in the likes of Aprilia."

I don't think Aprilia has been reigned in they've just lost an instrumental figure to their success in Gigi. Open electronics hasn't proved to be bad at all remember Ducati is using their GP hardware and software and I'd assume Aprilia will be looking at developing their electronics to match GP standards.

Guintoli doesn't seem to have lost anything on Sykes from last season either.
But
Horsepower wise nothing has decreased Kawasaki thinks they've increased poweeer.

"Leon is on the same bike and as happened in the past Rea out rides his team mates consistently."

Aoyama didn't have the same spec bike as Rea apparently plus Honda mainly wanted to keep him in the family so to speak being Japanese and all. Though I feel Haslam has been his own worst enemy from the sounds of it he has a big off every race weekend. I guess he ends up with a bike that has mismatched new and old parts

RSMick

May 11, 2014 2:24 PM

Ten-Kate do not use HRC electronics, they use Cosworth (They did use HRC code last year) and who is to say they are any worse than anybody else'? Cosworth have a good track record as does Mr Pike.
Whilst they do not have HRC stuff they have the full backing (ie money) from Honda Europe, which is no small amount.
Whilst Rea is a fantastic rider and clearly better than his vastly over-rated team mate, lets not forget that the level of electronics in these non-evo bikes is as or higher than Motogp, they have GPS for a start. The Kawasaki is full blown system as is the Aprilia and Ducati use last years Motogp with some legal (not in Motogp) additions.
If it wasn't for Kawasaki and Aprilia there would be less electronics in WSB this year.

I am sure some people will still say that Marquez with less rider aids has less talent.

V4Poweeeer

May 11, 2014 2:42 PM

RSMick

By HRC electronics I meant hardware I didn't mention software as I don't know who does that but I know HRC technicians aren't on the case. But you mention Cosworth is writing the code I thought Cosworth was only tuning the engines but there you go.

If there was any HRC support to speak of I guess we would regularly see some guys walking around the garage in HRC gear and not Pata Honda gear like we do in GP.

SBPilot

May 11, 2014 2:59 PM

Very impressive by Rea with that dinosaur of a bike, especially on a fast track. Also impressed at the CBR's trap speeds, they definitely did good on the bike over the winter. Now I gotta wait 7 days to watch the full races.

Also impressed with if Bimota was able to compete with points, they would have placed first of the Evo bikes in Race 2 with Badovini and Iddon would have placed 2nd in race one. They need to sell them bikes quick! Next year they should be able to compete right up there as it seems their chassis and electronics hit the ground running.

1 2  »