17 May 2010
WSBK Championship standings - Kyalami
Haslam ekes out his advantage again to 15 points following his win and third place finish at Kyalami, while Suzuki move back ahead of Aprilia in the manufacturers' rank too
As the World Superbike season trips into the mid-way point of the season, Leon Haslam has extended his lead at the top of the standings with a fine win and third place finish at Kyalami.
Going a long way to halting Max Biaggi's momentum from his double win at Monza, Haslam's stylish victory in the second race has put a small, but significant bit of air between himself and the Aprilia rider to the tune of 15 points.
The results also see Suzuki go back past Aprilia in the battle for this season's manufacturers' trophy, the two now fairly clear of Ducati in third position.
Back to the riders' standings and there have been no movements inside the top seven, while even Jonathan Rea and Carlos Checa continue to be tied in third position after picking up a second and fifth place finish each.
A couple of middling top ten results means James Toseland is now arms' length adrift, but comfortably up on Noriyuki Haga, whose sole tenth place finish means Troy Corser is just one point off from making it six different manufacturers inside the top six positions.
The day's big mover is Michel Fabrizio, courtesy of his win in the first race, the Italian edging back into the top ten in eighth, ahead of Cal Crutchlow, who rises a position to ninth. Going the other way, a race two retirement sees Leon Camier down to tenth again, while Sylvain Guintoli has now dropped outside the top ten.
Further back, it was a dismal day for Max Neukirchner, his two failures to score meaning he is now a lowly 18th in the overall standings, behind the likes of Ruben Xaus, Tom Sykes, Lorenzo Lanzi and Luca Scassa.
Meanwhile, the standings have swelled to include 25 riders after wild-card Sheridan Morais got on the board with a 13th position.
2010 World Superbike Championship rider standings (Previous round standings position in brackets)
1. (1) Leon Haslam Suzuki Alstare 222 points
2. (2) Max Biaggi Aprilia Alitalia 207
3. (3) Jonathan Rea Ten Kate Honda 141
4. (4) Carlos Checa Althea Ducati 141
5. (5) James Toseland Yamaha Sterilgarda 125
6. (6) Noriyuki Haga Ducati Xerox 106
7. (7) Troy Corser BMW Motorrad 105
8. (11) Michel Fabrizio Ducati Xerox 95
9. (10) Cal Crutchlow Yamaha Sterilgarda 86
10. (8) Leon Camier Aprilia Alitalia 82
11. (9) Sylvain Guintoli Suzuki Alstare 77
12. (12) Shane Byrne Althea Ducati 62
13. (13) Jakub Smrz PATA B&G Ducati 61
14. (15) Ruben Xaus BMW Motorrad 42
15. (14) Tom Sykes Kawasaki SRT 37
16. (16) Lorenzo Lanzi DFX Ducati 26
17. (18) Luca Scassa Supersonic Ducati 25
18. (17) Max Neukirchner Ten Kate Honda 23
19. (19) Chris Vermeulen Kawasaki SRT 5
20. (-) Sheridan Morais EmTek Aprilia 3
21. (20) Andrew Pitt Reitwagen BMW 3
22. (21) Joshua Brookes Echo CRS Honda 2
23. (22) Roger Lee Hayden Pedercini Kawasaki 2
24. (23) Matteo Baiocco Pedercini Kawasaki 1
25. (24) Broc Parkes Echo CRS Honda 1
2010 World Superbike Championship manufacturer standings (Previous round standings position in brackets)
1. (2) Suzuki 222 points
2. (1) Aprilia 213
3. (3) Ducati 185
4. (4) Honda 150
5. (5) Yamaha 135
6. (6) BMW 108
7. (7) Kawasaki 39
Tagged as: Honda , Yamaha , Kawasaki , Ducati , Suzuki , BMW , Aprilia , Haga , Checa , Byrne , Haslam , Leon Camier , James Toseland , Cal Crutchlow , Tom Sykes
Click on relevant pic to enlarge
the conversation - Add your comment
Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.