WSBK »

Lanzi tops Q1 timesheets in France

Lanzi heads an Italian 1-2-3-4 of himself, Fabrizio, Biaggi and Scassa in France.
One week on from scoring his first World Superbike podium in more than two years at Imola, Lorenzo Lanzi picked up where he left off at Magny-Cours by claiming the fastest time in Q1.

The Italian, who had only troubled the top ten on three occasions before he finished second in Italy, was amongst the pace setters during free practice around the French circuit but lost time at the end with a tumble.

Nonetheless, despite having most of his rivals surpass his time in sector one, not a single rider could sustain their pace to the end of the lap, allowing Lanzi and DFX Ducati to celebrate at the top of the timesheets.

He was tailed by factory rider Michel Fabrizio on the Xerox bike, less than a tenth adrift, while Aprilia's Max Biaggi and Luca Scassa – who headed the session for much of the time – followed to make it an Italian 1-2-3-4.

A very tight session with just seven tenths covering first down to Ruben Xaus in 16th, it was also a bruising session for some of the higher profile riders as Cal Crutchlow, Noriyuki Haga and James Toseland all endured tumbles.

Crutchlow and Haga still recovered to fifth and sixth, however, ahead of Troy Corser, Carlos Checa, Tom Sykes and Leon Haslam.

Further back, Jonathan Rea was only 15th best, but did complete 22 laps on the Ten Kate Honda.



Related Pictures

Click on relevant pic to enlarge
Lanzi, Imola WSBK Race 2 2010
Lanzi, Imola WSBK Race 2 2010
Lanzi, Imola WSBK Race 1 2010
Lanzi, Imola WSBK 2010
Rea, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Rea, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Rea, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Rea, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Rea, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Rea, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Sykes, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Sykes, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Sykes, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Rea, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Haslam, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Haslam and De Puniet, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Fabrizio, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014
Rea, Jerez WSBK/MotoGP test, November 2014

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.


D.J - Unregistered

October 01, 2010 10:08 PM

Lanzi gets a lucky break in the wet superpole. then gets a result in races. = A little more confidence and he is back at the front in Q1 = there is very little diffrence in the ability of any of these rider it's just that most are rideing at 95% and the other 5% is to do with confidence.



© 1999 - 2014 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.