The World Superbike Championship will feature a provisional 15 rounds next season following the unveiling of the 2012 schedule, though two events still remain unconfirmed.
The calendar had been anticipated following the announcement that the series would be visiting Russia for the first time in 2012, with a deal inked to race at the newly-constructed Moscow International Raceway.
Now the full schedule has been revealed with 15 dates set aside, an increase on the 13 events that feature in 2011, to mark the largest WSBK calendar to date.
However, two of these dates – 4th March and 1st April - remain unconfirmed, though the latter stipulates that it will be held in Europe. Sepang in Malaysia has been rumoured to be taking the 4th March date, which occurs just a week after the Phillip Island season opener.
Elsewhere, Imola is the only 2011 venue missing from the 2012 schedule, while Donington Park moves from its March slot to May and Portimao once again hosts the season finale.
2012 Provisional World Superbike Championship calendar
1. 26th February – Phillip Island, Australia
2. 4th March – TBA, TBA
3. 1st April – TBA, Europe
4. 22nd April – Assen, Netherlands
5. 6th May – Monza, Italy
6. 13th May – Donington Park, Europe
7. 28th May – Miller Motorsports Park, USA
8. 10th June – Misano, San Marino
9. 1st July – Motorland Aragon, Spain
10. 22nd July – Brno, Czech Republic
11. 5th August – Silverstone, United Kingdom
12. 26th August –Moscow International Raceway, Russia
13. 9th September – Nurburgring, Germany
14. 7th October – Magny-Cours, France
15. 21st October – Portimao, Portugal