- Tom Sykes secured 17th pole position of his World Superbike career, which takes him to fourth in the all time record list. He now sits level with Doug Polen and four behind Carl Fogarty
- Yesterday was Sykes' 6th consecutive pole position of 2013. Ben Spies holds the record of most consecutive pole positions, scoring seven in a row in the opening seven rounds of 2009.
- Only four other riders have scored more pole positions over the course of a World Superbike season. Troy Corser
scored seven in 1998, Bayliss got eight in 2008, Doug Polen with ten in 1991 and Spies 11 in his championship year in 2009. Tom is on track to beat his personal record of nine in a season, a feat he achieved in 2012.
- There are only three riders that have finished every round of the 2013 World Superbike championship. They are local favourite Michel Fabrizio, Max Neukirchner and championship leader Sylvain Guintoli.
- Noriyuki Haga
will start the 313th and 314th races of his World Superbike career on Sunday at Imola. Only Troy Corser
has started more in the class, with 377.
- Carlos Checa
endured a difficult Superpole session on Imola hosts the seventh round of the World Superbike championship. Crash.net looks at some interesting facts and figures before Sunday's double header.
Saturday, which went against the fact he is the most successful Superbike rider at this circuit. The Catalan has won at Imola five times, including double victories in 2010 and 2012.
- This is the 11th year the World Superbike championship has visited the iconic Italian circuit. Its debut year was all the way back in 2001 when Ruben Xaus
and Regis Laconi
shared the spoils on the final day of that season.
- Four riders have managed to claim a double victory at Imola. Colin Edwards claimed his second world title with a memorable double victory over Troy Bayliss
in 2002, Xaus in 2003, Laconi in 2004 and Checa in both 2010 and 2012.
- Imola has twice been the scene of a debut World Superbike win. Regis Laconi
scored his first triumph in a memorable 2001 outing and Alex Barros won his only race in the class here in 2006. Can Giugliano, Badovini or Camier add to this list in 2013?By Neil Morrison