WSBK »

Riders' elected for WSBK Safety Commission

During the Silverstone round of the World Superbike Championship a meeting was held at which all riders were asked to vote for their own representatives - four WSBK Riders plus one WSS Rider - to join the Superbike Safety Commission.

The elected Riders' representatives were: Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team), Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK), Jonathan Rea (Pata Honda World Superbike), Carlos Checa (Team Ducati Alstare) and Roberto Rolfo (ParkinGo MV Agusta Corse) for WSS.

These riders will represent all riders - including the Superstock classes - during meetings, talks and consultations.

They will join the existing Superbike Safety Commission composed by the Race Direction members: Igor Eskinja - FIM Safety Officer, Gregorio Lavilla - WSBK Sporting Director, Giulio Bardi - Team and Riders representative, Gianfranco Carloia - WSBK Race Director, and Daniel Carrera, WSBK Championship Director.

At each Round, the Safety Commission will meet to consider proposals for any changes that could be made at the circuit to improve safety, as well as to discuss different aspects and procedures covered by the sporting regulations of the Championship.

The first meeting of the Superbike Safety Commission was held last weekend during the German round at the Nürburgring in Germany.



Related Pictures

Click on relevant pic to enlarge
Laverty, Race 2, British WSBK 2013
Guintoli, Race 2, British WSBK 2013
Guintoli, Jerez WSB race2 2014
Jonathan Rea, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Guintoli, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Guintoli, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Guintoli, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Guintoli, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Jonathan Rea, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Guitoli, Melandri and Davies, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Jonathan Rea, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Jonathan Rea, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Jonathan Rea, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Melandri, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Guintoli, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Guintoli, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Guintoli, Jerez WSBK race1 2014
Guintoli, Jerez WSBK Race1 2014

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.


shamarone

September 06, 2013 5:05 PM
Last Edited 378 days ago

re: "Im all for safety but sadly this will always be a very dangerous sport in which riders will pay a high price." but this doesn't have to be. it comes down to math. in percentage terms, fortunately only about 2% of what occurs is uncontrollable... it is after all closed course. however (comma) that leaves a WHOPPING 98% that's well within our control. we just need the intelligence god gave a cat to be PROACTIVE at identifying hazards (as opposed to reactive). King Kenny knows what i'm talkin' 'bout. that's where the 5 guys (5 minds, 5 experiences, 5 sets of eyeballs) come in. clearly stewards with no skin in the game...? or suits from some cushy head office, who've never put there a$$ on the line for anything...? aren't the men for the job.



© 1999 - 2014 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.