The Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca will continue to host the American round of the World Superbike Championship in 2015 after confirming its date for next season.

The Californian circuit returned to the WSBK schedule in 2013, replacing Miller Motorsports Park, and became the sole international two-wheel event on its programme following the decision by MotoGP to drop the venue from its schedule.

Having announced its motorsport calendar for next year, Laguna Seca says its WSBK event will once again take place in summer on July 17-19.

Related Articles

"We continue to be pleased with the growth of the fan base for the Series," says Gill Campbell, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca CEO/general manager. "With the continuation of GEICO as title sponsor, it seems clear that the U.S. motorcycle industry also sees this as an important event in which to reach out to their enthusiasts."

Interestingly, since the provisional 2015 WSBK schedule hasn't been made public yet, the Laguna Seca announcement mentions that the venue is part of a 14-round schedule next season.

This in line with much anticipated new events in Thailand and Chile being added to this year's existing 12 event line-up, though it is smaller than the 16 rounds being rumoured last month. With this in mind, it suggests South Africa and Russia - which were removed from this year's calendar during the season - may not be reinstated.

WSBK Director Daniel Carrera recently spoke of Dorna's pledge to raise the profile of World Superbikes by taking it to new and emerging motorcycle markets.