WSS » PTR boss: Sofuoglu penalty not harsh enough

Simon Buckmaster: In my opinion the penalty was simply nowhere near harsh enough for such an outright dangerous move. It is not the first time with Kenan either...

Smokin - Unregistered

July 05, 2012 1:12 PM

@Tonyed,

I think you can distinguish between the two. One is aimed at getting to the front i.e. part of the purpose of racing (albeit in some cases poorly and dangerously executed), the other has absolutely nothing to do with racing and deliberately adds further unecessary risk to an already dangerous sport. The former, when executed badly or repeatedly should involve some form of sanction to encourage people to know they have crossed the line. The latter involves leaping over that line and should involve a ban.

tim - Unregistered

July 05, 2012 1:14 PM

As a relatively new enthusiast to super/sport not fully up on the rules and penalties but! what I saw from Kenan Sofuoglu's unsportsman like behavior was astounding enough, but to understand that he wasn't black flagged was astounding and a total disregard to the safety of all other fairly contesting riders. Going back to Moto GP.

paul fawcett - Unregistered

July 05, 2012 1:51 PM

Sofuoglu is a dangerous rider on all accounts it would have been a different story should have anyone did that to him. He should pay a fine and banned for the next round, i think this need to be put into rules or something should a rider do some thing that puts another in danger.

Sam Lowes did the right thing hang back and stay away from Sofuoglu when he passed Sam and Sofuoglu and took notice of the black flag that they had out.

Also if i was Foret i would have ripped Sofuoglu head off when he got back to the pits,and Sofuoglu also had the cheek to go into 1st place in the winner area.

He is a dangerous rider...

wadcutter - Unregistered

July 05, 2012 2:18 PM

Sofuoglu's move was out of order but i can't help thinking Foret did something off camera,brake check, bar bang etc. Just because of his reaction after the race, not that it makes what superglue did Ok. But if that happened to me without provocation, He'd be wearing a torque wrench. Foret is and has been no angel through his career, But Kenan seems a bit too unglued for his own good. The F.I.M should suspend both riders until they have matching story's about the incident. Good riders should let the riding do the talking let the mechanics fight in the pits!!

pp916 - Unregistered

July 05, 2012 2:24 PM

@ Mike Hunt....

That comment is totally irelevant, its a great pity that you should suggest something so inflamitory without any reason or justification just, I presume, to be provocative. Throughout all this debate on Kenan's behaviour, tho' heated at times, yours is the first racial comment I have seen despite certain people with a chip on their shoulder suggesting otherwise. Not clever!
The man's faith has nothing to do with his ability to ride a motorcycle.

Smiler - Unregistered

July 05, 2012 3:36 PM

For me there is a difference between Alvaro at Assen and Kenan at Aragon. The difference is intent. Alvaro made a huge mistake and what happened was not at all bright but it was a mistake. I think the penalty he got is about right. The incident with Kenan however was deliberate and premeditated which puts it in a different league altogether. For that I think he has got off far too lightly. In my mid this type of action should at least see him banned for the rest of the season and possibly for life. The sport is dangerous enough without this type of incident.

deanzaZZR - Unregistered

July 05, 2012 4:21 PM

I'm as critical of Kenan as the next guy, but I get the distinct impression that some of our British fans are extra enthusiastic about a harsher penalty because they feel it would help Sam Lowes.

Shrieker

July 05, 2012 4:55 PM

Sour grapes. "If we can't beat him on the track, let's beat him on the table". Typical brit politics.

Sad really. He knows his rider(s) won't be able to challenge him. So he believes Laverty's attempt at Imola was a fair attempt for an overtake (which ended up wiping Kenan out) but Kenan's attempt a year earlier in Utah must've been to wipe Laverty out first and foremost. Really ? LOL. And I don't recall an apology from neither Laverty nor Suckmaster himself. It's all good when it's done to the Turk ain't it. There were some bozos here i remember saying that he deserved it even back then. A bunch of hating losers.

As premeditated as it gets.

By the way, the only places I see this blown out of proportion and turned into a witch hunt is the brit press. I wonder why :)

Jas6004 - Unregistered

July 05, 2012 5:11 PM

I agree with Simon Buckmaster on everything he said, but I don't agree that Bautista should of had a harsher penalty. I am a huge Lorenzo fan , and was fuming when he got took out at Assen, but Baustista is not a dirty rider and simply made a mistake ( same as many others have before ). Bautista at least held his hands up and took the blame and also apologised. Sofuoglu not only failed to apologise but also failed to talk about it, and even had the cheek to enter winners arena. I so hope that Sam Lowes goes on to win the championship and hopefully all teams see what a complete **** Sofuoglu is and refuse to give him a ride next year.

EDIT by CRASH.NET - some remarks deleted, please try to avoid abusive language when making your points

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »