WSS » Sofuoglu fit to race after operation

Kenan Sofuoglu will race at Brno this weekend as he looks to move beyond the controversies and extend his World Supersport Championship lead.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 8:07 AM

I don't agree with that, however I do think he should have been black flagged from the last race.

Whether any further fines, bans etc should have been imposed could then have been decided by the relevant authority.

He has got off very lightly - I hope he thinks so to and learns from it and does not repeat any further Josh Hayes / Fabien Foret incidents.

Nick636

July 17, 2012 10:47 AM

Ok, again, as EVERYONE has said, it was stupid and unacceptable. BUT, he never even came CLOSE to causing a crash!!!

I have seen that incident over and over again, and yes, they touched. BUT THAT WAS IT! What I love though, is there are guys racing, heralded as BRILLIANT, that have caused SERIOUS accidents, yet no-one is crying for them to be banned!!!

It's in the past, it's happened, move on!!!

Don-R

July 17, 2012 10:49 AM

I think he'll need to keep it all very clean for the remainder of the season. He'll be very much on the radar of race direction now, and I'm sure there'll have been words within the team, so I'd be surprised if he did anything else in the near future to cause controversy. If he does then the penalty for it could be pretty stiff.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 11:20 AM

@Nick636 - I know you're an intelligent guy (from your posts) so I know that you must be aware that the difference in this case is intent. Almost all other racing incidents are accidents - this was intended - that is why it is so unacceptable.

Nick636

July 17, 2012 1:20 PM

Sick Cylinder

As usual,I agree. But is wreckless behaviour / carelessness / ignorance not JUST as dangerous? I know it is unforgivable, as was Max Biaggi INTENTIONALLY riding on the racing line in qualifying sessions over the years (And that was just as dangerous in my opinion). But I think the calls for him to be banned for the rest of the season are:

a) Unrealistic
b) Unreasonable when is not the first rider to do this.

I say again though, I do not excuse his actions, I actually believe he should've been black flagged from the race. Yes, he has done this before, but it's not like he does it REGULARLY. From what I can gather, it has happened twice before... Whereas Marquez for example has had 3 or 4 dangerous / questionable run ins in the last year alone... Just saying, some perspective is handy when it goes both ways.

PTR Ltd - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 4:10 PM

Aragon is now history and we all move on. Sam Lowes has won two of the last three races and is on form. Let's have clean racing from now on. We are offering a free to enter competition to join Sam at Silverstone WSS in August - why not have a go and ask Sam himself what he thinks of his WSS competition, visit Performance Technical Racing for more information - all it takes is your email to enter.