WSS » Austrian starlet Linortner joins PTR Honda

'PTR Honda is one of the most successful World Supersport teams in recent years; I am sure I will have a very competitive package in 2013' - David Linortner

tucker - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 4:02 PM

So PTR have signed 4 of the 5 riders they'll be running in 2013, so who exactly are they going to sign next? They need to sign a rider with the speed to win the championship. Maybe Broc Parkes or Gino Rea?

Boo - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 4:33 PM

You get the feeling PTR based its 2013 line-up around Cluzel before he decided to leave, so it'll be interesting to see who the 'big-name' is.

Maybe Gino Rea, though I don't think he and Buckmaster are on good terms. How about Jack Kennedy or James Westmoreland? Personally, I think that latter would be a very savvy choice...

Dave - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 7:37 PM

PTR's strategy seems to be having a fleet of pay riders and a contracted title contender. That's how it has been when they had Craig Jones, Eugene Laverty and Sam Lowes. Having a racewinner is their advertising campaign. I am sure the fifth rider will be a recognised winner.

tucker - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 9:47 PM

Blinky-

I agree completely Broc Parkes wont win them the championship, but who else is there! Oh and Kev34in, Sheridan Morais has signed for RivaMoto for 2013, now I know they have been testing PTR Hondas at Jerez recently so whether they will do the same as Toth and join forces with PTR I don't know it would make sense. But I can't see Sheridan bringing in a title for them in 2013 with the field as strong as it is.

tucker - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 9:47 PM

Blinky-

Bling - Unregistered

November 21, 2012 5:52 AM

If u have a look at the PTR line up they do not have a rider even capable of winning a race, it's not about the best rider any more its all about how much money u can bring. Will be interesting who they will bring in for the last rider but I think it will be Parkes as he is the only rider left that is capable to battle for a championship.

1 2  »