The entry list for the 2014 FIM Superstock 1000 Cup has been published with 25 riders listed to compete over the seven round championship.
With each of the top three riders from the 2013 series – Sylvain Barrier, Niccolo Canepa and Jeremy Guarnoni – progressing to the premier Superbike class this season, 2014 is guaranteed to see an all-new title winner.
Indeed, just Leandro Mercado and Lorenzo Savadori have previously tasted the winners' champagne in the SSTK 1000 class, earmarking them as early title favourites with the former having moved to Barni Ducati team over the winter, whilst the latter remains with Pedercini Kawasaki.
Argentine Mercado, who scored his maiden SSTK 1000 win at the Nurburgring on a Kawasaki in 2013, will be joined by Czech racer Ondrej Jezek in an all-new line-up for the Italian team, while Savadori is part of a five-strong Pedercini challenge with Balazs Nemeth, Javier Alviz, Romain Lanusse and Simone Grotzkyj.
Once again Kawasaki dominates the entry list with 13 ZX-10Rs, while the Ducati contingent has risen to six this season too on the back of a stronger 2013 season. With defending team winners BMW Italia following Barrier to Superbikes, there are just four examples of the S1000RR on the grid in 2014.
Honda, however, will also be represented in 2014, with leading SSTK 600 team Racedays stepping up with Joshua Day and ex-Moto2 rider Kyle Smith.
2014 Superstock 1000 Cup entry list
1. Leandro Mercado
ARG BARNI Racing Team
Ducati 1199 Panigale R
2. Ondrej Jezek CZE BARNI Racing Team Ducati 1199 Panigale R
3. Simone Grotzkyj ARG Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
4. Lorenzo Savadori ITA Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
5. Balazs Nemeth HUN Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
6. Javier Alviz ESP Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
7. Romain Lanusse FRA Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
8. David McFadden RSA MRS Kawasaki ZX-10R
9. Karel Pesek CZE Moto LG Ducati 1199 Panigale R
10. Fabio Massei ITA EAB Racing Team Ducati 1199 Panigale R
11. Alex Schacht DEN EAB Racing Team Ducati 1199 Panigale R
12. Alberto Butti ITA Team GO Eleven Kawasaki ZX-10R
12. Jonathan Crea SUI Team OGP Kawasaki ZX-10R
13. Randy Pagaud FRA Team OGP Kawasaki ZX-10R
14. Marc Moser GER Triple M Racing Ducati 1199 Panigale R
15. Robert Muresan ROM H-Moto BMW S1000RR
16. Riccardo Cecchini ITA H-Moto BMW S1000RR
17. Sebastien Suchet SUI Team BSR Kawasaki ZX-10R
18. Jeremy Ayer SUI Team BSR Kawasaki ZX-10R
19. Joshua Day USA Agro-On & WIL Racedays Honda CBR1000RR
20. Kylel Smith GBR Agro-On & WIL Racedays Honda CBR1000RR
21. Federico D'Annunzio ITA FDA Racing BMW S1000RR
22. Julian Mayer AUT Motorrad Mayer Kawasaki ZX-10R
23. Kevin Valk NED MTM Racing Team Kawasaki ZX-10R
24. Matthieu Lussiana FRA Team ASPI Kawasaki ZX-10R
25. Remo Castellarin ITA Team Motoxracing BMW S1000RR HP4