The fifth round of the 2013 FIA WTCC takes place this weekend in Austria as the series returns to the Salzburgring for the second time.
The series debuted at the 2.63mile circuit last year, with tyre issues proving to be a major talking point around a venue known for its high-speeds.
With Yvan Muller extending his championship lead two weekends ago at the Hungaroring to a healthy 46 points, it will be interesting to see if podium man Norbert Michelisz and race two victor, Rob Huff can take their sterling form from Hungary to Austria and battle it out with the former triple champion to close the steadily growing advantage of the RML Chevrolet driver.
* Rob Huff took last year's race one victory, but had to settle for second in race two after a right front puncture with two corners to spare caused the reigning champ to give up a certain victory.
* Stefano d'Aste was the man who picked up the pieces from Rob Huff and Chevrolet's certain to be win in race two, this was also the Italian BMW drivers first ever victory in the series.
* Yvan Muller, Alain Menu and Tom Coronel all have a podium trophy from last year's inaugural races.
* Rob Huff has the pole position record of 1:26.791 and his then team-mate, Alain Menu, holds the WTCC lap record of 1:27.820 from race two last year.
* Pepe Oriola and Alex MacDowall took out the independents victories from 2012.
* Chevrolet and BMW share one win each – SEAT have an independent victory to their name.
by Dexter Fielding