Citroen has resumed testing for its debut campaign in the World Touring Car Championship.

All three Citroen drivers had been due to take turns at the wheel of the heavily-developed C-Elysee in Abu Dhabi with new driver Jose-Maria Lopez testing the car last Friday and Saturday.

Multiple WRC title winner Sebastien Loeb took over driving duties for Sunday and Monday with Muller then seeing his day of running on Tuesday affected by poor weather conditions.

Muller, now a quadruple world champion said that he is looking forward to better weather at future tests where he can focus on car setup.

"With only one hour of completely dry track in the evening, we could not really accomplish all we had planned," he said. "So now we better focus on the car's set up and balance."

After testing for the official factory drivers ended, there was a chance for Abu Dhabi racing chairman, Sheikh Khalid Al Qassimi, a regular competitor in the WRC, to enjoy a few laps of a TC1 touring car.

Citroen are expected to join Honda and LADA next month for a combined manufacturer test at Paul Ricard.

by Dexter Fielding