Reigning British Touring Car Champion Gordon Shedden has immediately ignited the defence of his 2015 title by taking his first win of the year as Tom Ingram and Rob Collard collide at Brands Hatch.

Shedden was the first to capitalise upon the contact between Ingram and Collard and never looked back from the moment on.

Ingram made another perfect getaway from pole position while West Surrey Racing's Rob Collard had an even better start to blast past both Hondas, ending up in second position having began the race in sixth.

However, the race took an immediate dramatic twist when Collard - making the most of not running as much ballast at Ingram - made a direct play for the race lead.

Collard went for the lead into Paddock Hill bend during the start of the second lap but Ingram's valiant resistance - coupled with the BMW's equally as robust attempt for position - ended in disaster after the pair made contact heading towards Druids.

The WSR 1 Series initially came off worse by spinning right on the apex of the corner while Ingram held the lead and scampered away. But it soon became apparent that all was not well with the race leading Toyota Avensis and before long the race one winner was forced into an early retirement.

All of that handed the ascendency to the Hondas of Gordon Shedden and Matt Neal as the safety car came out.

From there on it was looking like a relatively straight-forward run to the flag for the race leaders but a mysterious spillage of fluid at Graham Hill bend caused chaos during the final laps.

The leading five runners consisting of Shedden, Neal, Aron Smith, Andrew Jordan and Mat Jackson all safely made their way through the danger zone.

Triple Eight Racing's MG Josh Cook was hit the hardest by the mass panic and fell out of leading order during the final laps.

BMW's Jack Goff was the first to pick up the pieces while Ashley Sutton recovered to finish in seventh ahead of Adam Morgan, Sam Tordoff and Jeff Smith, who all completed the top ten.



Loading Comments...