Tyler Reddick held off a spirited challenge from Erik Jones and Scott Lagasse Jr. to claim his first win in the Camping World Truck Series, in the first race of the 2015 championship.

Full race results, plus qualifying and practice speeds and full Camping World Truck Series championship standings.

"It feels amazing," Reddick said as he celebrated in victory lane. "I can't begin to say how thankful I am to be apart of BKR. All of these guys made this possible ... It was outstanding tonight. We got it to victory lane here in Daytona."

The 19-year-old California is racing full-time for Brad Keselowski Racing this season after a part-time rookie campaign for the team in 2014. Friday's outing was Reddick's 18th outing in total in the Truck Series.

Earlier in the day it had been GMS Racing's Ty Dillon who had claimed his fifth Truck pole in 50 series starts by topping qualifying with a lap of 47.676s (188.774mph) on the 2.5-mile tri-oval. That had been enough to put him 0.017s ahead of Travis Kvapil who joined him on the front row in the #94 Jay Robinson Racing entry for the green flag under the floodlights at Daytona International Speedway.

Dillon went on to lead for all but two of the first 24 laps and ultimately for a total of 37 of the 100 laps of the NextEra Energy Resources 250. However, as the race passed its first quarter it was soon clear that it was Reddick who was increasingly vying for the lead in the #19 Ford truck.

Two multi-car wrecks during the race significantly thinned the field. The first came on lap 15 when Austin Hill blew a tyre and spun out in turn 1, collecting Joe Nemechek, Ben Kennedy, Donnie Neuenberger, Justin Boston and Justin Marks in the process, while the second in turn 3 on lap 49 was triggered by Ben Kennedy in his second accident of the day. He was forced to slow up with a left rear tyre going down, which had a knock-on effect on the cars behind him that drew in a third of the field including John Wes Townley, Cameron Hayley, Timothy Peters, Chris Fontaine, Daniel Hemric and Todd Peck.

The race saw four other cautions during the two hour race, including a yellow for Justin Boston hitting the wall on the backstretch on lap 24, Matt Tift spinning out in turn 2 on lap 66, and Ryan Ellis coming to a top out on the track on lap 90 which set up a six lap print finish to the line.

By this point Reddick had firmly established control over proceedings, leading for the final third of the race after winning the race off pit road under the caution for Tift's spin. Dillon fell back from the front during the middle of the race with problems with debris stuck on the grille causing overheating on the #33, the polesitter eventually crossing the finish line in a disappointing 11th place.

Erik Jones in the #54 Kyle Busch Motorsport Toyota took up the role of chief challenger but ultimately could do nothing about Reddick's grip on the lead. He did at least manage to help avert what had looked to be a looming BKR 1-2 by edging in front of Reddick's team mate Austin Theriault in the final seconds, with Scott Lagasse Jr also managing to get past the #29 to clinch third place for NTS Motorsport in a four-wide dash for the line along with Ray Black Jr and David Gilliland.

"He owes the #29 big," said Lagasse, pointing out how much help Reddick had at the end from his team mate Theriault. "The #29 did some door-slamming to help him."

"He would've done anything to get them from getting to me, and I really got thank him for that," said the race winner, acknowledging Theriault's efforts.

"I just had all the confidence in the world in our trucks going into the race," continued Reddick. "If we were able to get together, we were going to be able to do some great things together and help each other out. Once I knew we finally we got together on the front row for those restarts, I had a pretty good feeling that we were controlling the race and controlling the pack."

"Scott and I were kind of dragging back, trying to see if we could get a run to the top there," said Jones of his own view of the finish. "When the #29 and the #19 came off of 4, the #29 never lagged back. He just tried to pull out and make the pass on the #19 ... When he did that, it just opened the door for Scott on the bottom, and I was dragged back a little bit more than he was and got the pull off both of them. I went to the top and saw the opening and [ended up] running second. Just kind of a typical Daytona thing, I guess."

The reigning series champion Matt Crafton had a solid night but never looked like a contender for the win, leading only one lap all night on his way to finishing in eighth place. Only 14 trucks remained on the lead lap by the chequered flag, with other retirements including Jennifer Jo Cobb whose #10 entry caught fire on pit lane at one point.

Bryan Silas finished in seventh for T3R Racing despite his hood flying up and obscuring his vision on lap 78; a lucky debris caution moments later allowed him to get back on the lead lap after the team taped the hood back down so that he could finish the race in seventh place. Suffering similar issues with his own hood earlier in the race was Johnny Sauter, who ended up taking the chequered flag in tenth.

Full race results, plus qualifying and practice speeds and full Camping World Truck Series championship standings.

Get the latest NASCAR news straight to your Twitter feed! CLICK HERE to follow Crash.net's new dedicated NASCAR Twitter feed